Elizabeth Taylor passed away

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just heard the news that Elizabeth Taylor has died. She was a former child star who was an amazing actress. She won two best actress Oscars but was better known for her troubled love life and many marriages. She once described herself as a "true romantic" because she "beleived in marriage" - despite her many divorces. I just always thought she was an amazing woman. Maybe she has found peace now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A life to remember!

I was surprised that she was only 79. She's been around for an incredibly long time. Anyone remember "National Velvet"? It's rare for an actor to be a child star and then carry that over into adulthood. She definitely had a career to be proud of. She also did tons of charity work.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I was surprised that she was only 79. She's been around for an incredibly long time. Anyone remember "National Velvet"? It's rare for an actor to be a child star and then carry that over into adulthood. She definitely had a career to be proud of. She also did tons of charity work.

I thought the same thing. I would have sworn she was much older. I guess it's just because she'd been around for so long.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

I loved that movie - with mickey Rooney and a young and lovely Angela Lansbury. She was in Lassie Come How with a child star named Roddy mcDowell and they shared a lifelong friendship. It is amazing to see a child star not only survive but thrive as an adult actor/actress. One of my fave roles of hers was "Father of the Bride". she was drop dead gorgeous and very funny!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Rest in Peace, Elizabeth Taylor.

Liz Taylor was a beauty among beauties. She will live on in her movies spanning decades.

Liz.jpg