Earth 2

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just started watching Earth2 on Netflix. I completely forgot about this show . I feel they did a very good job of telling the tale of people stranded on a new planet . I won't give anymore spoilers than that . Amblin Entertainment had there hands on this production so it is 1st class as far as my si-fi starved mind is concerned . I should be done watching the whole series in a week or 2 . Hope some of you give it a look and enjoy it like I do .

:) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just started watching Earth2 on Netflix. I completely forgot about this show . I feel they did a very good job of telling the tale of people stranded on a new planet . I won't give anymore spoilers than that . Amblin Entertainment had there hands on this production so it is 1st class as far as my si-fi starved mind is concerned . I should be done watching the whole series in a week or 2 . Hope some of you give it a look and enjoy it like I do .

I was wondering about that show...I will give it a go since you mentioned it. :) I have seen it on there but the synopsis didnt really grab me. Ill watch an episode right now!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Earth 2 was not bad. It was one of the two shows (the other was SeaQuest) that NBC utterly mishandled and managed to alienate themselves from Steven Spielberg in the process.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haven't seen this, i'll have a go at it also.

THIS IS GOOD!

The first episode showed EXACTLY why this crew/cast ended up on the planet, and the characters are already partially fleshed out and it was just the first episode. Im watching another now. :) It shows just how different it is to show the initial reasons why these people are together and the incident that connects them. Falling Skies skips that part and gets right into the aftermath and since we dont see the invasion, we cant get into the "struggle" they are having with the skitters. This show started differently. I will continue watching for now...give it a try!

Red Mage

Boney

I briefly mentioned this show when along with Seaquest when OM1 talked about Surface as examples of NBC dropping the ball with scifi series. The network showed several of the episodes out of order and episodes got bumped from the schedule for Sunday night football. It's not a terrible show but it's not an alltime favorite for me. The storylines are occassionally very cheesy with all the nods to the Gaia Hypothesis and it ends on a terrible cliffhanger too. The last aired episode is NOT the series finale. I think 1x20 is the actual last episode by production order.

edit- Looked up the correct episode order

1- First Contact 1 (1) (Order aired)
2- First Contact 2 (2)
3- The Man Who Fell to Earth (3)
4- Life Lessons (4)
5- Promises, Promises (5)
6- A Memory Play (6)
7- Natural Born Grendlers (21) (Why?)
8- Water (7)
9- The Church of Morgan (8)
10- The Enemy Within (9)
11- Redemption (10)
12- Moon Cross (11)
13- Better Living through Morganite 1 (12)
14- Better Living through Morganite 2 (13)
15- Grendlers in the Myst (14)
16- The Greatest Love Story Never Told (15)
17- Brave New Pacifica (16)
18- The Boy who would be Terrian king (18)
19- After the Thaw (17)
20- Survival of the Fittest (19)
21- Flower Child (22)
22- All About Eve (20)

Natural Born Grendlers which is episode 7 was shown next to LAST? All About Eve is the series finale had two episodes shown AFTER it and they switched episodes 18 and 19's order.

B

Backstep

Why do tptb rearrange the ep order of a show? They maybe stand alone eps, the fleshing out of the characters comes in the proper order and switching the order leads to viewer confusion, then channel changing.

Red Mage

Boney
Why do tptb rearrange the ep order of a show? They maybe stand alone eps, the fleshing out of the characters comes in the proper order and switching the order leads to viewer confusion, then channel changing.

This series wasn't too bad although only towards the end they shuffled up the episodes. Compare that to Fox's mishandling of Sliders. I just got done watching Sliders seasons 1-3 and I don't know what the Fox executives were thinking. Nearly every episode was shown out of order on that show. Granted each episode was self contained for the most part but there were minor references to episodes that often would be confusing. Don't really know why the executives decide to shuffle around episodes. The worst part is that on the DVD sets for both Sliders and this show, the episodes are STILL out of order.