Dr. Bill Lee (played by Bill Dow)

• Thread starter Stonelesscutter
  • Start date
S

Stonelesscutter

Recently I suddenly realised just how much I appreciate the character of dr. Lee on Stargate SG-1. I have therefore started working on creating videos and screenshots of the scenes he was in and I intend to post them in this thread to honour him.

Please feel free to discuss your appreciation or lack thereof of dr. Bill Lee here to your hearts content.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
A fun fact is that he is one of the few recurring characters to have appeared on all three Stargate shows. Granted I believe he only had a cameo in SGU's pilot, but he could've appeared in other episodes but I just don't remember it. He could also have had some lines in the exended cut of the pilot, though I'm struggling to remember since it has been so long since I watched it.

S

Stonelesscutter

This video shows the first ever scene of dr. Lee on Stargate which is from the episode "Prodigy" (season 4 episode 19). Just to be clear, dr. Lee is the guy in the checkered shirt with the blue jacket and blue cap carrying the yellow case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXC0MI0KXPI

Here we see dr. Lee looking with interest at a vile he's holding up.

View attachment 6374

Here we can see that dr. Lee is no longer looking at the vile because his interest has been caught by something else.

View attachment 6375

Dr. Lee shows off his facial acting skills by opening his mouth in awe of something he's never seen before.

View attachment 6376

As the team of scientists encounter a never before seen creature in the forest urinating against a tree, dr. Lee can't resist taking out his camera to record the wonderous occurance. They decide to name the creature Shavedape.

View attachment 6377

Here we see dr. Lee looking very cool and self assured while on his walkie-talkie.

View attachment 6378

This is dr. Lee sporting his worried face after seeing his colleague lying on the ground being attacked by flying trans-phasic glowing alien spacebugs and having been struck by one of the bugs himself causing him to drop his radio.

View attachment 6379

When there's an emergency, it's good to have a dr. Lee around because he's an expert at running for help as this video clearly demonstrates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DDoK8G0v8

Dr. Samantha Carter puts a bandaid on dr. Lee's arm which he obviously needs after being ferociously attacked.

View attachment 6380

Dr. Lee looks out the window to see if the glowing spacebugs they fear will attack are in the vicinity. Soon after he closes the shutters.

View attachment 6381

This is dr. Lee trying to put on his innocent face after getting caught rubbing his colleague's tummy.

View attachment 6382

This is one of dr. Lee's worried faces.

View attachment 6383

Here's dr. Lee showing off his forehead wrinkles.

View attachment 6384

Col. O'Neill is struck by a zatgun but thankfully dr. Lee is closeby to administer some smelling salt.

View attachment 6385

Dr. Lee looks confident and proud as Col. O'Neill is busy risking his life to save everyone else's.

View attachment 6386

Thanks to O'Neill's heroism dr. Lee and the other scientist can safely run to the stargate.

View attachment 6387

Before going through, dr. Lee shows his admiration-face as he thanks O'Neill for saving them.

View attachment 6388

S

Stonelesscutter

A fun fact is that he is one of the few recurring characters to have appeared on all three Stargate shows. Granted I believe he only had a cameo in SGU's pilot, but he could've appeared in other episodes but I just don't remember it. He could also have had some lines in the exended cut of the pilot, though I'm struggling to remember since it has been so long since I watched it.

According to information I found on internet he briefly exchanged bodies with dr. Nicholas Rush in the SG-U episode Air part 2.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
According to information I found on internet he briefly exchanged bodies with dr. Nicholas Rush in the SG-U episode Air part 2.

He also swapped with Eli for a cameo in season 2.

S

Stonelesscutter

In the next episode featuring Dr. Lee, the SG-1 episode "Paradise Lost" (season 6 episode 15), he's only in one scene where he has an argument with Major Carter.

[video=youtube;TJws6kdR8-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJws6kdR8-k

SciphonicStranger

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, nobody mentioned the classic WoW conversation from Stargate Atlantis between Dr Lee and Dr Weir???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbb58QK6DjI

"A true Mage speaks her mind" :)

:rotflmao:

S

Stonelesscutter

OMG, nobody mentioned the classic WoW conversation from Stargate Atlantis between Dr Lee and Dr Weir???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbb58QK6DjI

"A true Mage speaks her mind" :)

:rotflmao:

I've only just gotten started on this thread. It envolves a whole lot of work. Trust me, I will be getting to that at some point. ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, Dr Lee and the WoW conversation were brought up yesterday in the WoW discussion thread that Grey started. After that...this thread came to be.

And yes...I still miss him.

S

Stonelesscutter

The third episode in which we can find dr. Lee is the SG-1 episode "Evolution part 1". Dr. Lee goes on an archeological trip to Latin America in search of an artifact posessing similar powers as the Goa'uld sarcophagi but supposedly stronger.

Here we can see dr. Lee working his Indiana-Jones-like angle yet also carrying a backpack.

View attachment 6390

Dr. Lee is always happy to show off the big wads of cash he carries around with him and he fearlessly throws it on a table in an unknown small town in a guerilla-like environment.

View attachment 6391

It's a good thing that dr. Jackson was wise enough to take dr. Lee along with him on this trip because without his expertise he would have never found the temple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHO_KpY6Hjg

This is dr. Lee telling dr. Jackson that he's fine.

View attachment 6392

After a brilliant insight of dr. Lee, dr. Jackson gets jealous and tries to assert his dominance by aiming his flashlight straight into dr. Lee's eyes.

View attachment 6393

Dr. Lee is not impressed and in a quick movement manages to take over dr. Jackson's flashlight and replacing it with his cantine. The sight of dr. Lee holding both of the flashlights is so overwhelming to dr. Jackson that he can't help spilling the water.

View attachment 6394

Dr. Jackson is ashamed of his incompetence but dr. Lee assures him that it's all good.

View attachment 6395

Together, the doctors manage to lift an insanely heavy piece of styrofoam.

View attachment 6396

As they lift the strange artifact from it's hiding place it is clearly visible that dr. Lee is the personification of awesomeness.

View attachment 6397

The beauty of dr. Lee's hands is known widely. Dr. Jackson tries to compete but everyone can see that there is simply no comparison.

View attachment 6398

Dr. Lee attempts to look afraid and humble as he and dr. Jackson are kidnapped by terrifying bushpeople.

View attachment 6399

This picture clearly shows how dr. Jackson is about to pee his pants while dr. Lee is thinking about breakfast.

View attachment 6400

As dr. Jackson is unpleasantly surprised by the smell of his own fart dr. Lee is unwavering but wondering why he came on this trip in the first place.

View attachment 6401

Here we see dr. Lee showing his "Bruce-Willis-face" also known as the "You-better-start-being-nice-face".

View attachment 6402

S

Stonelesscutter

Naturally dr. Bill Lee was in the second part of the SG-1 episode "Evolution".

Here we see him get dragged back into a shack after an interrogation.

View attachment 6404

Dr. Lee doesn't look happy.

View attachment 6405

Dr. Lee instructs dr. Jackson on how to escape from a wooden shack.

View attachment 6406

Dr. Lee puts on his "escape-face".

View attachment 6407

Dr. Lee trips over something.

View attachment 6408

Dr. Lee hides behind a tree. (note the awesome rhyme here)

View attachment 6409

Dr. Lee is relieved the weird box that could potentially cause worldwide chaos finally rests safely in his hands.

View attachment 6410

S

Stonelesscutter

In the SG-1 episode "Heroes part 1", dr. Lee shows us one of his awesome inventions.

[video=youtube;-4qH2wKUtDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qH2wKUtDY

SciphonicStranger

Good job with the captions bro! You are capturing the true essence of the great Dr. Lee. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Good job with the captions bro! You are capturing the true essence of the great Dr. Lee. :)

Thanks. I thought it was essential to show the true nature of dr. Lee since the producer didn't quite manage to show him off as he should have been.

S

Stonelesscutter

In the SG-1 episode "Resurrection", dr. Lee gets to work on diffusing a bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZ30IPUmLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbosJq1bGk

Dr. Lee has thwarted the impending doom.

View attachment 6412

SciphonicStranger

I think a Dr. Lee avatar may be in my future. :D