Documentary

I haven't watched this documentary yet but I'm familiar with the Red Pill movement. It's pretty fascinating in many ways. The Reddit community seems to be mostly about using Red Pill theories as a way to "pick up" women. At any rate, it's all part of the growing Mens Rights movement, i.e. MRA, MGTOW and the Red Pill. Of course there are some seriously angry and disturbed men on the fringes of these things but there are also a lot of guys who simply feel shafted by the system. It's interesting to watch this stuff.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't know how it is for you guys, but for me that movie would cost 3.5 British pounds to rent on Youtube and it scores 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. I have some time but am not willing to fork out money for this.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay so I did manage to watch this. It is actually a really good documentary which addresses hidden issues in modern society with strong examples and exposes just and logical as well as unjust and illogical opinions. I can't say it does this on both sides of the fence equally but that makes sense and isn't even required seeing as the whole point of the documentary is to illuminate the unfairness and imbalance that currently exists not only in legislation and procedures but also in the "court" of public opinion.

I don't see any logical reason why this documentary would have achieved a 33% rating on Rotten Tomatoes other than that it would have been downvoted by masses of feminist "extremists", likely at the encouragement of their lobbyists. In my opinion no person with a sound and just view of reality could downvote this.

It would almost say that this documentary should be mandatory viewing. It would be nice though to have another documentary from the other side of the fence which is equally well produced to provide a better perspective from that side and can bring balance to the whole. Not that The Red Pill is biased. I'm just saying that obviously this documentary provides arguments for one side of the spectrum far more than it does for the other side. It doesn't in any way detract from the other side's potential arguments, it merely showcases this side's arguments. The fact that this was made by a former feminist who started researching the issues and ended up at the end claiming no longer to be a feminist should illustrate that there is important information contained within this documentary which cannot be marginalized.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thank you both for your wonderful responses . My daughter asked my wife and I to watch this with her as she was questioning her feminism.
I agree that there should also be a more feminist point of view as it was a bit one sided as you stated but it did get its point across and we all had some interesting discussion during and after the documentry .
Sad how the director is getting such flack and abuse .

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There were some feminists or other anti men's rights movement people in there, but they were clearly not the brightest or most socially intelligent people. I have a feeling they might have been specifically selected to look like morons.

The redhead one named "Big Red" (seems to me like she wants to hide her true identity for obvious reasons) was incredibly obnoxious. Her and some others were protesting (incredibly loudly) outside a lecture hall were some people were simply attempting to have a serious and reasonable discussion/presentation which didn't even appear in any way offensive to feminists. Then they pulled the fire alarm (is that what they call a misdemeanor?) so the event effectively got cancelled and everybody had to go outside where the feminist group ambushed the visitors. Then you see Big Red being the biggest moron on the planet yelling loudly and cussing at a very calm gentleman while nobody ever asked her for an opinion. A picture of her would fit perfectly as an example in a book explaining phrases for the phrase "Plate in front of a head".

The blonde older feminist was also clearly obstructed in her views. It was rather sad to see.

Then there was some guy who had the title of Dr. in front of his name but I don't know how he would have gotten that as he is clearly lacking some intelligence. I got a mild gay vibe from his voice and manner of speaking which doesn't really matter except for that I sort of got the impression that he thinks men's rights activists are stealing thunder from gay rights activists or something like that. He seemed to think it's okay for women's rights activists and gay rights activists to express their views but when it comes to men's rights activists it is apparently a different ball game. What a ginormous douche moron!

Very sad to see how unenlightened these people were.

Then there's the people on the street trying to extinguish the voice of the men's rights movement by yelling four times louder through a megaphone. And they weren't yelling intelligent things either. This is the exact same type of behavior that football fans display when they call out to each other to go bash the other team's fans heads in. Pathetic.

Personally I'm disgusted by this new trend (mostly from the extreme Left) of anti-free speech protesting that is going on at many universities today. Disrupting and shutting down a speech by an invited pundit does absolutely nothing to enlighten people. It just creates more bitterness and rage and entrenches resentment in those who are there to participate in intellectual discourse. Disallowing the public dissemination of ideas simply because one doesn't like those ideas is ridiculously fascistic. As a grown adult I don't need someone else telling me what I can or can't consider when it comes to the realm of ideas and intellectual discourse.

As it is I'm not a fan of the likes of Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro. But protesting their public talks does absolutely nothing but make them martyrs and gives them more exposure to a larger audience. Case in point, I never heard of Jordan Peterson until he made the news because he was being vehemently protested by outrageous Leftist loons. The guy probably would have remained a piddling Toronto professor had it not been for the spotlight these protesting idiots put on him. Now he's much more famous and is able to disseminate his bizarre, bastardized, pseudo-Jungian perspective to a much larger audience. Same with that insufferable twit Ben Shapiro.

What these protesters don't understand is that it's often best to just leave things well enough alone. ;)