Discussion for Into the Dalek

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Really? He has a Scottish accent. You can't be serious that you needed the CC to understand him. :icon_lol:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have always had an issue with my ears tuning to celtic-laden accents--now English spoken by Londoners, Liverpool, Australia (canada!) or the asian and south asian trys at English--I can deal with

So how about a Hindi Dr Who--with the sing songy "Thany you come agains" rhythm of a Indian quickie mart worker? Or a Japanese one--'r' and 'l' coming out the same and a seeming inability to distinguish plural forms from singular

All easier to listen to then Scottish, Irish or Welsh

Well--you asked, so....:icon10:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have always had an issue with my ears tuning to celtic-laden accents--now English spoken by Londoners, Liverpool, Australia (canada!) or the asian and south asian trys at English--I can deal with

Uh ... dude. Canadian English sounds exactly like American English. The only variation is the English you might hear spoken in the maritime provinces like Newfoundland, PEI, New Brunswick, which is an extreme like the English spoken in Mississippi or Kansas or Arkansas that won't sound like the rest of the country. It's in those places where you'll hear stupid pronunciations of words like "a-boot" instead of "about" but those provinces represent less than 10% of the population. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Uh ... dude. Canadian English sounds exactly like American English. The only variation is the English you might hear spoken in the maritime provinces like Newfoundland, PEI, New Brunswick, which is an extreme like the English spoken in Mississippi or Kansas or Arkansas that won't sound like the rest of the country. It's in those places where you'll hear stupid pronunciations of words like "a-boot" instead of "about" but those provinces represent less than 10% of the population. :icon_lol:

The vast majority of Canadians are indistinguishable from Americans in speech and also in cultural tastes and mannerisms.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I thought the visuals were good in this one. I'm not sure I like them shipping Clara at this point but perhaps Mr Pink will be more interesting than first presented. For some reason I had a flashback to Reservoir Dogs when I first heard that name... :rolleye0014: