[DigitalSpy] 'V' exec 'planning for third season'

Tropicana

Council Member
Scott Rosenbaum has admitted that he is excited about a potential third season of V.

The showrunner told Assignment X that he has solid plans for future episodes, though a series renewal is still unconfirmed.

**CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT FORWARD**

"[V] has gotten to a place at the end of this season, [where it's] the closest to what I wanted it to be," he explained. "The pacing of the shows [in a third season] will be very much like that last episode. They all will be peddle to the metal and tons of story and excitement."

He added that a third season will explore the emotional repercussions of events in the second season finale, including the death of Tyler (Logan Huffman).

"Erica is going to find out her son was murdered and what that's going to do to her will be fascinating to watch," he suggested. "Other characters have died [and] the stakes are high."

Rosenbaum also confessed that he was unhappy with certain aspects of V's second season, including the pacing.

"I was actually pulled back to a style that I was uncomfortable with," he revealed. "My voice as a writer is much more like that last episode than the ones you saw before, because I was asked to slow things down. I didn't believe that was the way to go but I did the best I could."

V actor Scott Wolf (Chad Decker) recently revealed that he is expecting a third season to be commissioned, while his co-star Morena Baccarin (Anna) also admitted to being optimistic about the show's future.

Tropicana

Council Member
I don't watch V myself, so I have no idea is the exec an honourable person or not. I would like to think he is. :)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
This wondercon thing must have been odd with both V and Human Target there. Neither show is likely to come back so they were kind of pitching theoretical seasons.

Tropicana

Council Member
If I shall remain objective, is this article similar to the last minute attempt by SGU PTW who claimed they had planned a 5 year story arc in a (pathetic imo) attempt to rally support and sympathy for a S3, weeks before SGU was cancelled?

I don't know, for I don't watch V, so I have no idea what sort of man, V's exec is/are.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
If I shall remain objective, is this article similar to the last minute attempt by SGU PTW who claimed they had planned a 5 year story arc in a (pathetic imo) attempt to rally support and sympathy for a S3, weeks before SGU was cancelled?

I don't know, for I don't watch V, so I have no idea what sort of man, V's exec is/are.

Well he was actually at this convention so you can't expect him to be anything but optimistic. I can't imagine many of the showrunners really know what their networks are planning. There are exceptions like Fringe (they were being told the show was important to Fox) but for the most part they are just hoping for the best.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yoshi is our little ray of sunshine you know tropi! ;)
V will be back....it's a great show with good actors, great writers, and ACTION...all things sgpoo was missing! :P:P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and yet enough people still didn't watch...

...and yet again, more than FIVE TIMES the viewers of SGU watched V, and that was in V's lowest rated episode. :)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
...and yet again, more than FIVE TIMES the viewers of SGU watched V, and that was in V's lowest rated episode. :)

and yet on ABC it should be getting many more viewers given that fact that American network television has one of the biggest audiences in the world.

But anyway I only replied cause of the dig at SGU. Apparently declining ratings/viewership are only cool to comment on when its certain shows in question.

B

Backstep

V unlike universe was gaining in numbers. I for one would be glad to see V renewed for a third season.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They'll know either way in a few weeks. ABC should be working out what their lineup next year will look like pretty soon.

G

Graybrew1

I was not happy with the last couple of eps of V. Similar to the complaints of SGU actually, I did not find most of the core characters to be LIKEABLE. The characters I found myself liking were actually V's. Such as Lisa, Ryan and escpecially Joshua. That to me, does not bode well. Since their species is supposed to want to take over our planet. LOL

B

Backstep

The writers did kill off one of the most unlikable characters, Tyler.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Likeable V's

I was not happy with the last couple of eps of V. Similar to the complaints of SGU actually, I did not find most of the core characters to be LIKEABLE. The characters I found myself liking were actually V's. Such as Lisa, Ryan and escpecially Joshua. That to me, does not bode well. Since their species is supposed to want to take over our planet. LOL

Those V characters are sympathetic to actually helping the humans so they would be likeable . They are also a much more intelligent race so they come across as very calm and collected . And they also do not have the trait's of human emotion's but the Fifth Column are learning . A whole herd of Spock's if you will . So they are likeable .
We enjoy the V's because they look and act beautiful . It is the writing , acting and the storyline that makes you feel this way .

The human characters on the other hand are the ones under attack so they are confused and angry that someone or something is taking over there world . They have no real way of knowing if there attack's will do anything to deter the V's . Being put in this position's makes the character's almost unlikeable because they have become the ugly side of human nature . Something we ourselves do not like to see . To survive they must become the aggressor . It is war and war turn's people into something they never ever want to be .
We despise some of the human characters because they remind us of our own hateful nature . They are put into a position that we ourselves would never want to be in . A hopeless cause in there eye's .
Again it is the writing that makes you feel this way .
So I would say they are doing a good job of entertaining us and capturing our emotion's .

G

Graybrew1

Those V characters are sympathetic to actually helping the humans so they would be likeable . They are also a much more intelligent race so they come across as very calm and collected . And they also do not have the trait's of human emotion's but the Fifth Column are learning . A whole herd of Spock's if you will . So they are likeable .
We enjoy the V's because they look and act beautiful . It is the writing , acting and the storyline that makes you feel this way .

The human characters on the other hand are the ones under attack so they are confused and angry that someone or something is taking over there world . They have no real way of knowing if there attack's will do anything to deter the V's . Being put in this position's makes the character's almost unlikeable because they have become the ugly side of human nature . Something we ourselves do not like to see . To survive they must become the aggressor . It is war and war turn's people into something they never ever want to be .
We despise some of the human characters because they remind us of our own hateful nature . They are put into a position that we ourselves would never want to be in . A hopeless cause in there eye's .
Again it is the writing that makes you feel this way .
So I would say they are doing a good job of entertaining us and capturing our emotion's .

I disagree to an extent about the human character's. I find myself not liking Erica at all. She is downright annoying to me. Decker too. Tyler was just a whiny little man child. The former father Jack is played wrong for me, either have him be preistly and abhor violence or have him be total kick butt, he is somewhere in the middle. The best human character on the show is Hobbes. He fits the bill of what you have described.
The ironic thing is I Like these actors, but just not on this show. I loved Juliet on Lost, Tom on the 4400, not a big fan of Scott Wolf though but even Anna is much less interesting to watch than Adria or Inara. But I do keep watching the show and I love that Marc Singer is coming on and hopeful for where it will go.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I disagree to an extent about the human character's. I find myself not liking Erica at all. She is downright annoying to me. Decker too. Tyler was just a whiny little man child. The former father Jack is played wrong for me, either have him be preistly and abhor violence or have him be total kick butt, he is somewhere in the middle. The best human character on the show is Hobbes. He fits the bill of what you have described.
The ironic thing is I Like these actors, but just not on this show. I loved Juliet on Lost, Tom on the 4400, not a big fan of Scott Wolf though but even Anna is much less interesting to watch than Adria or Inara. But I do keep watching the show and I love that Marc Singer is coming on and hopeful for where it will go.

Good reply GB and so we agree to disagree .
They should have used someone else to play Erica so we can agree on this one though I like her bod :)
Decker was a phony and an irritant so he bugged me too but he was supposed to come across as such .
Hobb's was awesome for me until he boinked Erica . That just made no sense what soever . Can't stand his character now .
I kinda agree with you on the priest as he seems to flip flop a bit but he has been in war and left it behind to continue in the cloth so he is still fighting his emotion's on this issue .
Tyler ,,,Yehaaa ,,, they killed him ,,, good ,,,
Anna is good for me because she looks hot but I agree I liked her a little bit better on Stargate !!!
Overall I think they did a good job with the remake though I believe I have already said that :)

G

Graybrew1

Good reply GB and so we agree to disagree .
They should have used someone else to play Erica so we can agree on this one though I like her bod :)
Decker was a phony and an irritant so he bugged me too but he was supposed to come across as such .
Hobb's was awesome for me until he boinked Erica . That just made no sense what soever . Can't stand his character now .
I kinda agree with you on the priest as he seems to flip flop a bit but he has been in war and left it behind to continue in the cloth so he is still fighting his emotion's on this issue .
Tyler ,,,Yehaaa ,,, they killed him ,,, good ,,,
Anna is good for me because she looks hot but I agree I liked her a little bit better on Stargate !!!
Overall I think they did a good job with the remake though I believe I have already said that :)

Totally I can see your points.

What with you being a guy and me being a girl , it would be different , If the Priest was played by a Jared Paladecki look alike then I would probably give him alot more slack. And yes, Hobbes is some nice eye candy for the women. :P Any word of whether it has been renewed yet?