Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" Renewed for Season Two by Starz

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't get Starz anymore so I haven't seen it yet. It does sound like something that fits Moore's style though. Perhaps he's found the right vehicle this time. He seems to get in the most trouble when he's in charge of writing the story, which he isn't in this case.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I don't get Starz anymore so I haven't seen it yet. It does sound like something that fits Moore's style though. Perhaps he's found the right vehicle this time. He seems to get in the most trouble when he's in charge of writing the story, which he isn't in this case.
Diana Gabaldon was very positive and supportive of what he's done with this series.

She started writing it over 20 years ago, when she decided she wanted to learn how to write a novel. (Many) More than 8 novels later, she's got a rabid fan following.

I really enjoyed listening to her talk at the SDCC panel. She's obviously quite smart, tiny (compared to the stars of the show) has this rich voice and warm personality. Her eyes dance with mischief, too. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, I know that while many of you don't like Ron Moore, he's done a great job bringing this series to life on the screen. Ms Gabaldon is very happy about what he's done with it (as she said during the panel at SDCC this year, which I attended). I'm jazzed as hell about today's news. :)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/outlander-renewed-second-season-at-725730

For the record, I am one of the people who likes Ron Moore. :) I thought he did a great job on Star trek TNG and Deep Space Nine, but I felt he lost it with NuBSG and Caprica. He has it in him, so....

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I Know I have said this before, but give Ron Moore a framework to work within, he can be absolutely fantastic. He is a first class refiner of idea's and concepts, that is his niche and he is GOOD at it. Leave the "blank canvasses" to more creative people however.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The first episode of Outlander is now available on YouTube, as well.

Starz is giving it huge coverage to introduce folks to the show. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
its historic fantasy, and the main character isn't a history major.

Takes place during the Jacobite Uprising of the 1740's.