Diablo III

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, Diablo III releases on May 15, 2012, and I can't wait.

My daughter got into the beta and had a hell of a time, so when they had their open beta weekend (stress-testing the servers), I was on it.

It didn't disappoint, and I can't wait to get back into playing it again.

Anyone else here a Diablo fan? ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, Diablo III releases on May 15, 2012, and I can't wait.

My daughter got into the beta and had a hell of a time, so when they had their open beta weekend (stress-testing the servers), I was on it.

It didn't disappoint, and I can't wait to get back into playing it again.

Anyone else here a Diablo fan? ;)

I love the Diablo games! But let me guess, now it has a subscription fee and/or paid "premium content" packs? I just cannot get my head around that. I will NOT pay a monthly fee to play any PC game. If I buy the game and I cant play it without restriction (single player, not multiplayer), I wont buy it. Have you seen the prices for Age of Empires Online? You pay nothing for the game, and you get 40 hours free play, but then it is $99.00 for 6 months of play. That is $200.00/year to play a GAME? I dont think so. It is why I stopped playing WoW.

So, how are they doing this one? Diablo I and II did not have monthly fees.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
No monthly fees for DIII.

As for the cost of the game itself, it's probably going to be about 50 bucks. However, I took advantage of an offer they made last year to WoW players. If I ageed to an annual subscription to WoW (paid monthly, not a lump sum), I got into the Mists of Pandaria beta (WoW expansion) and am getting DIII for free.

;)