Defiance Ratings and Predictions Thread (Awards Given)

When will Defiance be cancelled by Syfy?

• Midway into the second season, with the remaining episodes airing after cancellation.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • At the end of the second season after all episodes have aired.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Defiance will get a season 3, but will be canceled before season 4.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Defiance will not get canceled.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I havent been to this thread in a while, what balls need to be awarded? Is everyone up to date on their winnings? :)

How about a ball for predicting the day they announce the cancellation? :daniel_new004:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How about a ball for predicting the day they announce the cancellation? :daniel_new004:

Hows about we give a couple of balls to the management of Syfy so that they have them to cancel the damned show? :anim_59:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I don't think it's getting cancelled neither is dominion and I am right about the show.(look at who the responses is from). I am sure these are the same people that ran those save SGU and defended "life" Shame that people believe this is a science fiction show. What a world we live in.

I guess we will see another season of this garbage

https://twitter.com/Syfy/status/510522067507486720

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was the only one who submitted a forecast of ratings for the last episode of season 2. So, you may choose to give me another ball.

Okay. :) I need to make it though...with 10 balls, you are the ballsiest man I know!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Oh just give him all the balls you got OM1 . He's the only one guessing the numbers anyway . I've lost that much interest in defiance that I don't even want to guess at there dismal poorly written ratings .

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Oh just give him all the balls you got OM1 . He's the only one guessing the numbers anyway . I've lost that much interest in defiance that I don't even want to guess at there dismal poorly written ratings .

One way of interpreting your post is that you still think that the second season is still on TV. It stopped broadcasting, and you, a science fiction fan, was not aware that it had done so. So much for the Syfy brand.
:samanime20:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
T
One way of interpreting your post is that you still think that the second season is still on TV. It stopped broadcasting, and you, a science fiction fan, was not aware that it had done so. So much for the Syfy brand.

It proves I don't ever watch the show lol . And thanks for noticing

:) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
RULES AMENDMENT!

In order for Prediction awards to be awarded, there have to be at least two members competing for it. :) I will make this official.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
CONGRATULATIONS Jim, on your 10th Crystal Ball award. :)

I have awarded you the Defiance Five Crystal Ball.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Plus I have not had cable now for more than 10 years . I had sat for a year and a bit around 5 years ago .
Syfy ? Don't think I've ever seen a show on syfy . I'm in Canada and only ever saw the space channel .
As far as defiance goes my interest is because I can practically see the town set from my house with a 5 minute walk . I get excited about a shoot in my neighbourhood . I never knew the set was there until my friend told me a year or more ago . I appreciate the hard work that goes into making a TV show and all the people involved so I show an interest in that end of the show and not this particular tv shows final package that airs . It's the workers I appreciate .
Plus the guys over there are very nice people . I've toured the set twice though no filming was taking place . It's really much smaller than the tv footage shows . They obviously use a bit of blue screen and a lot of editing . I'm sure before they scratch the set I'll be allowed to get some pics hopefully . I still wanna ride my vintage bike through the town and smoke it up lol so to speak as my bike is a 2 stroke . Doubt they would let me do that lol but you never know .
I've also asked the ptb if they wanna my vintage bike for a one of there shoots with me riding it of course . They appreciated my offer but they tend to have the modern bikes on the show and not vintage though they were using vintage cars in that gun toting episode and that I think was the last ep I watched .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Umm not that I think a lot about this show other than driving by to see if there is any stir , I had a thought . Since it was renewed for a 3rd season and nothing is happening at the location yet , could it be that they are going to do a winter shoot ? . Perhaps a nuclear winter kinda thingy ?

:) :) :)