David Hewlett - other Acting Roles

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
After some recent tweets I had thought that DH was going to be on SGU - this still maybe true later on, but this link seems to indicate the recent activity is not stargate related.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/ ... e-hewlett/

I hope he has a decent sized role in this, just so I can watch him get a truck load of monkeys at his next UK convention. When ADB came out he attended Pegasus con and was given Ducks during his talk!

Exile

GateFans Noob
That's it, David! Stay busy! Too busy to guest star on SGU! There was something on Gateworld that at least one SGA character was going to show up on SGU. And while I think Rodney's the one who makes the most sense, I love him and don't want to see his character personality-raped by being morphed into an SGU character ( like they did with poor Jack ). I don't think, from what he's expressed, that Joe will ever get near SGU, and I can't see how Ronon or Teyla would fit into the plot in any way. So I'm hoping for somebody like Chuck, Amelia... maybe Woolsey or Keller. Not one of "the big four" ( or Carson or Radek, whom I love too... except sadly Radek would make sense too ). Please David, stay busy! You're too good an actor to lower yourself to bringing in more viewers for the arrogant people who fired you!

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I don't think busyness would effect there cameo, its only a few days thing. But I hope he doesn't though.

Exile

GateFans Noob
Well, if he's busy, maybe even somewhere else in the world, when they're planning on shooting... how much are they able to move their schedule? Things can't be re-scheduled too much, because they need to do it after the final draft of the script and before the editing and effects and stuff are done to meet the airdate. This gives a window of... I dunno, a couple of weeks? David seems like such a nice guy and missing being Rodney so much that I can see him wanting to do it ( as well as, you know, most people aren't in the position of saying no to a job )... so all I can hope for is that he'll have something better to do... something that will pay better and respect him as he deserves... in that window of time. Yes, I know he's TPTB's favourite of the SGA actors along with Jewel... but they still fired him without a proper explanation and mocked what he and his collegues helped create, so even while being their favourite, in my opinion he hasn't been treated with the respect he deserves. Then again, if he thinks he's been treated with enough respect, who am I to say he should feel otherwise?

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
Saw him in Splice,where he was pretty good and played a character similar to Mckay. Needless to say he nailed the role, and he had some one-liners that sounded very similar to things Mckay would say.

Still good to see him on the big screen