David Hewlett & Jewel Staite team up for State of Syn

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have not watched it yet

You have no excuse for not spending 10 min to watch at least one episode. :) The two available episodes are even embedded for your convenience!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's a pretty clever piece of work. Like you all said kid of like a comic strip with spoken dialogue.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It *IS* right in my wheelhouse liking the comic book deal, but I have been so busy either dealing with kids, wife, mother being sick (my ma has had pneumonia and is getting over it, but she has lost a good 40-50 pounds in the process and looks...........bad)
Quite frankly, most of my posts here have been a distraction for the most part, and taking on new things to watch has been a low-ranked priority

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 3:

This episode is the best one yet! I absolutely love this project. :) Its a whole comic book series and there are going to be 10 episodes of it? COOOOL!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's been pretty good so far. Definitely a Cyberpunk kind of thing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This playlist has all three videos. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I feel bad for not updating this thread...Hewlett and Staite have added SEVERAL more episodes to this.

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Episode 7:

Episode 8:

I really like this premise, and the format is cool too, although it takes some getting used to. :) Lots of work put into these!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Upgraded this to an article/feature.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
while I like jewel staite not a fan of Hewlett at ALL! (hey I cheered when the monkey beat him up in the planet of the apes movie :P ) so I'll pass.