CTV Canada Appearance

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Announcer: The show's a huge success!

OMG Blue & Stew. Absolute crap. Studio talking points. Clips from the premier episode. Cult following. :puke:

More later I'm sure. Have to be outta here in one minute. :shepwave:

Tropicana

Council Member
Oh how marvellous, skimmed a bit of this crap on GW and apparently some are asked to dress up as their favourite character. Simply marvellous, that won't make you look crazy on live TV across Canada one bit.

But then after seeing "Price is Right" (a long time ago mind you), I suppose this event will be featuring a lot of self-humiliation, rum and normal folks looking at their screens and laughing their head off at the level some/if not all would stoop down to get 1 min of fame. Next stop: Canada's Got Talent!

Which reminds me a scene from Will & Grace - (7x19) "Sour Balls":

Karen: I'm ashamed of you. And not just because you look like an audience member from The Price Is Right.
Ellen: Excuse me, this is Ann Taylor Loft.
Karen: (with a Cockney accent) Yes, and I bet when you walked down the street they all loft!

But I suppose, they need a wee ray of sunshine, rainbows and lollipops before it all gets obliterated from existence. Let's put it in a language they will understand - Destiny caught with no shields, the solar power collector failed and the sun they're passing going supernova.

Though maybe the SGU cast will do an "Oprah" and yell out, "You get a car! And you, you, you, you, and you!"

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
CP24 Breakfast – 7:20 a.m. ET
Brian J. Smith and Brian J. Smith drop into CP24 BREAKFAST for a chat with CP24’s own Melissa Grelo and Steve Anthony. Stay tuned throughout the day for on-the-scene coverage of the SGU/INNERSPACE fan festivities at the Masonic Temple.
*blink* Do BJS have a same called twin? LOL Or maybe it's him and his other, never known half?

EDIT:
Most seen show? Wow, maybe there will be a third season, and SPACE will pay for it.
Question to the Canadians here: Always I thought Canadians have a good taste. What happened to you?

Blurb

GateFans Noob
CP24 Breakfast – 7:20 a.m. ET
Brian J. Smith and Brian J. Smith drop into CP24 BREAKFAST for a chat with CP24’s own Melissa Grelo and Steve Anthony. Stay tuned throughout the day for on-the-scene coverage of the SGU/INNERSPACE fan festivities at the Masonic Temple.
I know the guy can be full of himself, but appearing twice in the same show? Who's he gonna drag with him, Jamil perhaps?

*blink* Do BJS have a same called twin? LOL Or maybe it's him and his other, never known half?

:cameron21:

Maybe he'll bring the professional other half (or, hell beware, MOM!).

Nani

GateFans Noob
So what of these shows were you watching? :P

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article5279.html

Do you know the show they will air after the SGU episode? Is that show more critical? Do you think they ask them more controversial questions there?

Wow, who did they pay off to get all these Gemini nominations??? :confused: Seriously, SGEww is competing with the best in Canadian television??? Really??? Flashpoint is a seriously successful show in Canada as well as in the U.S. SGEwww can't hold a candle to its acting talent & stories (real life issues, not some contrived space soap).

Flashpoint ratings:

View attachment 1987
View attachment 1988

TPTB would undubtedly produce a hundred diffrent arguments as to WHY Flashpoint's ratings are so much higher than SGEww. Still, they speak for themselves. It's good TV. Very entertaining, captivating stories, with charismatic characters who are far from perfect, yet remain likable.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Oh how marvellous, skimmed a bit of this crap on GW and apparently some are asked to dress up as their favourite character. Simply marvellous, that won't make you look crazy on live TV across Canada one bit.

If I went I'd dress up as a clown and basically represent everyone associated with the production of SGU.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I saw a portion of the CP24 segment. That's a cable 24 hour news show. It was nauseating to say the least. Nothing but old BS promotional talking points. Hell, all the clips were from the opener. Did anyone here know that Blow Job Stew went to Julliard? :icon_e_wink: :puke: They didn't mention his obnoxious hillbilly mom that's trying to derail his career.

David Blue was more of a regular guy though on set rather than the fat clueless turd he's paid to portray. Speaking of clueless (which one you ask?) she wasn't there. That's all I got. I was going out the door. It was very traumatic having them on my television I must say.

Innerspace is another promotional vehicle made for the sci-fi shows Space buys. The kids that host it are blabbering turds extraordinaire. I'll have a look to see who drops in. What's really funny is no one seems to know it's cancelled. :icon_cry:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
These people are sick

No interest in watching any of this promotional bullshit but here's some links:

http://www.spacecast.com/Blogs/Post.aspx?PostID=2157

http://www.spacecast.com/Blogs/Post.aspx?PostID=2155

Wow they captured 4 and 6 comments.

The video hasn't been posted yet. I'm sure it's only the fans that discuss cancellation. I'm sure this is their last swan song before the axe falls. What do we do to turkeys in November?
turkey.gif

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
No interest in watching any of this promotional bullshit but here's some links:

http://www.spacecast.com/Blogs/Post.aspx?PostID=2157

http://www.spacecast.com/Blogs/Post.aspx?PostID=2155

Wow they captured 4 and 6 comments.

The video hasn't been posted yet. I'm sure it's only the fans that discuss cancellation. I'm sure this is their last swan song before the axe falls. What do we do to turkeys in November?
View attachment 2021

I love how they try to make out that it was this huge event replete with "cool" photos of the "stars" chatting online with us little people -- then there's barely a handful of comments as follow up.
:rotflmao:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I love how they try to make out that it was this huge event replete with "cool" photos of the "stars" chatting online with us little people -- then there's barely a handful of comments as follow up.
:rotflmao:

Yeah must be something running a website that gets a handful of squee comments from all of Canada. Especially when that other TV site got 300 comments about Bradley's foot in mouth episode. What scares me is that the are nominated for 9 Gemini's (best catering, worst lighting .... ) so chances are they will get one statistically and be able to promote it as an award winning show.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Yeah must be something running a website that gets a handful of squee comments from all of Canada. Especially when that other TV site got 300 comments about Bradley's foot in mouth episode. What scares me is that the are nominated for 9 Gemini's (best catering, worst lighting .... ) so chances are they will get one statistically and be able to promote it as an award winning show.

I know I'm not typical but "awards" don't sway me one way or another. Most awards these days are given just for showing up and aren't really an indicator of genuine artistry. Some people/departments do a good job of things like make-up or SFX and they deserve recognition, but SGU doesn't really excel in those areas, at least not that I can see.

Award shows usually miss the mark in my estimation. The people and production departments that deserve recognition often go unnoticed (BSG the first season for instance) so for me I could care less if SGU gets an award or two or twelve as it won't mean anything to me -- and it certainly won't save the show from its fate.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob

They are so adept at spin at this point, they would find a way to promote not winning any of the awards as a great honor. Look how wonderful and artistic we are!

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
They are so adept at spin at this point, they would find a way to promote not winning any of the awards as a great honor. Look how wonderful and artistic we are!

Yes, and like all great works of art it will be years before us mouth breathers come to appreciate what we had in SGU. Oh, the lamentation that will ensue!
:laughing:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Umm, I'd hardly call the shitstorm around BW's latest comments a successful aplication of "spin" :P
Perhaps you really meant they are so adept at self denial. :D

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Awards are just a big crock followed by a party. That's why all the hams are here in Toronto. I bet a lot of them stay until Monday to shop out their resumés as well. Mozz tells me he's not going. I guess he's happy with his comic books. :icon_e_ugeek:

I'm sure the spin they've cooked up post-cancellation will be that it was sooo ahead of it's time. We need a few more icon anigifs around here. I suggest: 1. shit hitting fan, 2. horse puckey dropping.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Awards are just a big crock followed by a party. That's why all the hams are here in Toronto. I bet a lot of them stay until Monday to shop out their resumés as well. Mozz tells me he's not going. I guess he's happy with his comic books. :icon_e_ugeek:

I guess that means he wasn't nominated for anything otherwise we all know the egotistical climber that he is would be there 3 weeks early.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OK, I know most of you are not wrestling fans.......

But, I thought most of you might find this clip amusing/apropriate.

In this clip the part of SGUsucks will be played by Degeneration X and the part of the Stargate PTB will be played by the WWE PTB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RoKaxxTMs

If only dreams came true....:rotflmao::laughing::sgusucks:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I am a Star Trek and Stargate fan, but I have never dressed myself up as a character of those series. But I can understand people, who do that at conventions. There are often costumes competitions, some are even trying to get into the Guinness book and all in all a lot of people are doing it there. It is like dressing up for carnival. It feels normal and not ridiculous, when a lot of people near you do it, too.

But when only a few people dress up in a live TV show, while everyone else look normal, you will be automatically the "socially awkward geek" everyone else will laugh about.

If I went I'd dress up as a clown and basically represent everyone associated with the production of SGU.
So are female fans of SGU going to attend the next convention dressed up as Chloe or Lt. James in action??? That should prove interesting... :joy:

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
So are female fans of SGU going to attend the next convention dressed up as Chloe or Lt. James in action??? That should prove interesting... :joy:

It would probably get tiring having to carry around that brass stripper pole.