CPT AMERICA-THE WINTER SOLDIER first trailer

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Chris Evans is going bald. I thought his hair looked too fake in the last two turns at Capt. A so I Googled it and sure enough he even admits it's happening. I will give him props for being honest about it. That's rare for a Hollywood actor so in honor of his honesty I have decided that I would still chain him to a wrought iron bed...in the basement...of an abandoned house... should he so desire it. (The neighbors have been complaining about the screams of ecstasy coming from my abode lately but that's just how Chris Pine is -- he's a screamer. We've all dated one at some point in our lives so I'm sure you folks can relate.) Now if that isn't love I don't know WTF is! :P

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...osing-hair-superhero-balding-article-1.127858

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
4 min trailer:

I love the way they have updated him. But without Black Widow in this, it would not make me want to rush out and see it. :) I like the way this is looking.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
4 min trailer:

You just finished going off on GF about his long videos in the religious thread, you damned hypocrite. How about you just put that whole trailer into words, already? :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

Things I learned from this trailer.

- There's no "winter" despite the movie being called "Winter Soldier"
- Big budget went into everything except hiring extras who ACTUALLY SPEAK FRENCH
- Capt America's one trick still involves a giant frisbee
- Villains still hesitate to shoot even after watching him barrel through all their colleagues
- I will not spend a nickel to see that movie
- I will not pitch in a dime with 20 other friends to rent this movie
- I will not waste my bandwidth to download it
- I may watch it when it's on HBO if I happen to be channel surfing that day and see it accidentally

All the "french" characters are played by extras. They cost nothing. Why couldn't they at least get ones who can actually speak French or, at the very least, pronounce the words without such a mangled, shitty Anglo accent?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Released today.

To me, it looks like it may be a lot less "comic book" and more military sci fi. But that could be just the design of the trailer

Didn't know Robert Redford was in it-whose the new bad guy with the black mask and red star on his shoulder?
That's the winter soldier.
As none of you seem all that interested in seeing the movie, I might as well telly you that it is Cap's ex sidekick Bucky.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Things I learned from this trailer.

- There's no "winter" despite the movie being called "Winter Soldier"
- Big budget went into everything except hiring extras who ACTUALLY SPEAK FRENCH
- Capt America's one trick still involves a giant frisbee
- Villains still hesitate to shoot even after watching him barrel through all their colleagues
- I will not spend a nickel to see that movie
- I will not pitch in a dime with 20 other friends to rent this movie
- I will not waste my bandwidth to download it
- I may watch it when it's on HBO if I happen to be channel surfing that day and see it accidentally

All the "french" characters are played by extras. They cost nothing. Why couldn't they at least get ones who can actually speak French or, at the very least, pronounce the words without such a mangled, shitty Anglo accent?

:icon_rotflmao: It is a real life frisbee, isnt it? :)

19398CapLaunchingShield_MD.jpg

I don't like the whole Captain America "hero" to begin with. I dont understand why they cant just make a whole new batch of them whenever they want. Like Tony Stark told him in the last Avengers movie "Everything special about you comes from a bottle". :icon_lol:

He comes from a time when the United States was admiring itself in the mirror and patting itself on the back for winning World War II. His name, his costume and his original persona were an idealized persona of America the Brave. An Uncle Sam on steroids. I dont find that appealing. How would we feel about a Mother Russia superhero with nuclear breasts and super strength? Of course, she has a super bear as a sidekick. :facepalm:

Beyond that, I will watch it just to see what they have put together. I will download it for free and not pay a dime to see it. :)

Bluce Ree

View attachment 29537

I don't like the whole Captain America "hero" to begin with. I dont understand why they cant just make a whole new batch of them whenever they want. Like Tony Stark told him in the last Avengers movie "Everything special about you comes from a bottle". :icon_lol:

He comes from a time when the United States was admiring itself in the mirror and patting itself on the back for winning World War II. His name, his costume and his original persona were an idealized persona of America the Brave. An Uncle Sam on steroids. I dont find that appealing. How would we feel about a Mother Russia superhero with nuclear breasts and super strength? Of course, she has a super bear as a sidekick. :facepalm:

Beyond that, I will watch it just to see what they have put together. I will download it for free and not pay a dime to see it. :)

Nuclear breasts, you say? Hmm ...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Let me explain by using pictures why you should see this movie.

n505de9f836b19.jpg

+
4421shackle.jpg

+
get_image.php

=

neil-peart-o.gif

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
That's the winter soldier.
As none of you seem all that interested in seeing the movie, I might as well telly you that it is Cap's ex sidekick Bucky.
I'm interested, already know about Bucky, but I don't even remember him from the first movie. It was pretty forgettable as with most of the Marvel movies.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

View attachment 29537

Actually the first movie explained why they cannot just remake him. The formula was very experimental and the lab was destroyed by Hydra shortly after his procedure, killing the scientist and losing the data. The only other successful subject was the head of Hydra who becomes Red Skull.

In this Marvel universe they also have the Hulk being the result of an attempt to rediscover the formula. The first movie is actually good - it has a nice "Raiders of the Lost Ark" vibe mixed with the superhero elements.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually the first movie explained why they cannot just remake him. The formula was very experimental and the lab was destroyed by Hydra shortly after his procedure, killing the scientist and losing the data. The only other successful subject was the head of Hydra who becomes Red Skull.

Deus Ex Machina. :) The truth is that they have to "clean up" his background and move him out of the WWII imperialist persona of victorious America that he was borne of. His original nemesis was Adolph Hitler. He was the Aryan who fought the injustices of genocide and supremacism, against Hitler. Now in 2014, they need for him to have a wider appeal and be distanced from that past. How do you do that and still be called "Captain America"? I wonder how these Captain America movies do in the UK and Russia?

In this Marvel universe they also have the Hulk being the result of an attempt to rediscover the formula. The first movie is actually good - it has a nice "Raiders of the Lost Ark" vibe mixed with the superhero elements.

They need to give some love to Hulk. They made him a bit more manageable in the last Avengers movie. :)

Bluce Ree

Deus Ex Machina. :) The truth is that they have to "clean up" his background and move him out of the WWII imperialist persona of victorious America that he was borne of. His original nemesis was Adolph Hitler. He was the Aryan who fought the injustices of genocide and supremacism, against Hitler. Now in 2014, they need for him to have a wider appeal and be distanced from that past. How do you do that and still be called "Captain America"? I wonder how these Captain America movies do in the UK and Russia?

Didn't they rename him overseas to Captain Arrogance?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Didn't they rename him overseas to Captain Arrogance?

Ya know....considering his seniority and length of service, shouldnt he be like...a General or something? ;) Even Harry Kim made Captain. :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Per Boxoffice mojo it did well in both. Roughly 9 million in Russia in a 3-4 week release and around 15 million in the UK for a similar release period. In both cases the number of screens was far lower than what a typical US release sees (Russia a bit over 1000 theatres and UK about 480 theatres).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Per Boxoffice mojo it did well in both. Roughly 9 million in Russia in a 3-4 week release and around 15 million in the UK for a similar release period. In both cases the number of screens was far lower than what a typical US release sees (Russia a bit over 1000 theatres and UK about 480 theatres).

This surprises me. Why would they want to watch such a narcissistic, nationalist character? I think the "America as Savior" tune has played out internationally.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Watch the first film before making a decision. It's on Netflix. It really is a character origin story and is more about him becoming Captain America and the rise of Hydra and the war against Hydra. It feels a bit like a cross between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.