Continuum Season 4 Finale

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched this twice, to get the full impact of the meaning of the finale. They actually did a GREAT job of it, considering they only had 4 episodes to wrap it up. Looking back on the 6 final episodes, I see they did an admirable job of setting up the ending they came up with. It was bittersweet (without spoiling it for you just yet!).

With the final episode aired, I have created a new forum in the Off The Air Scifi section and moved all posts here.

So long, Continuum...great show!

continuum-cast-photo.jpg

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I didn't think the ending would satisfy me. I was wrong.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I didn't think the ending would satisfy me. I was wrong.

It satisfied me as well. A nice wrapup to the timeline without it being a complete deus ex machina. :) I thought the ending was poignant. PERFECT because of it's inevitable flaw.

Kiera could conceivably arrange to meet herself (and Sam) in her new future. She has a time ball with her in the new future too. Did Alec just hide the knowledge that he would have the secret to time travel in his new future? I thought it was great that they showed the memorial to Carlos.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, and Kellogg.....LOL!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was mostly good. However while the entire backstory has resolution Kiera herself did not have a happy ending - she basically has to disappear and not ever meet her husband and child again. I assume Alec made provisions to give her a new identity.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was mostly good. However while the entire backstory has resolution Kiera herself did not have a happy ending - she basically has to disappear and not ever meet her husband and child again. I assume Alec made provisions to give her a new identity.

Wait...why? I mentioned earlier, I see a possibility of Kiera meeting herself in several scenarios. She could do the "long lost twin" thing, or change her physical appearance and then introduce herself that way...she could even KILL her future self (not likely but she killed her other self before). We are not told if Alec even knew future Kiera or if he guided/watched her after she was born. We do not know if she interacted with Carlos or any of the others. We do not know if Alec is rich and powerful or even if they use money in that future.

But yeah, it was bittersweet. I still think they did a good job in ending the show. :) I wish they had not ended it. :(