Continuum: Final Season

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This season started with a bang. Same excellent writing, same magical balance of action and drama, and a fresh new storyline to play out towards a defined goal (Kiera getting back home to her future and her son). I really liked this episode a lot. Too bad it is ending with these last 6 episodes. :disturbed:

I am going to enjoy the ride. :)

continuumfinal.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just watched the season premiere again. I cannot believe they are canceling this show! It stays delicious and awesome from beginning to end, and the writing and filming is so consistent and awesome...I am so going to miss this show. They did not deviate from the anchor premise which is that Kiera wants to go home. I do not like the idea of the "simulation mode" of her CMR which takes her back to her kid and her time, because that means that if she gets back home, nobody will know if she is really there or just knocked out or in a coma. I almost thought they were going to do the dream thing "You mean I was in a dream"? :( I hope they do not go there again. How did her and Brad (Ryan Robbins) get to be a relationship? He is not her type. Carlos is. Travis is. The Asian guy from the future is. Not Ryan Robbins. How does he end up in damned near everything? He has a great agent! He was even in Falling Feces.

Last edited:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
For a while there I was tempted to watch episode 1, but then I heard a snippet of conversation which gave me the encouragement to do a binge watch after all.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I still have not had the time to watch it but will soon ... Thanks for the heads up and good to hear the show is still awesome ...

:) :) :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Brad Tonkin was given marching orders in the form of a little ditty that would be easy to remember:

Clean and fire,

Burn all timers,

Neutralize the zealot cell,

Stabilize the incursion site,

Nothing ominous in that short little diddy!

S3 E13 - Clean and fire.jpg
S3 E13 - and to prevent anyone.jpg

And these added lines, your guess is as good as any, “Salt of God’s saved Earth”. (Similar to “being salt of the Earth?). “Traveller’s lead lets us knock all the dominoes down“, as said by Marcellus.​
From me following the show last year I got the impression that Kiera will be mightily disappointed in our good friend Brad by time the series comes to its new beginning.

During Season 3, Episode 13 we were given three speeches, which might encapsulate the whole series: One of which was given by Brad himself.

“…The beacon sends a signal marking a point in time, as a critical nexus point of change. My orders were to plant the beacon so steps could be taken to influence that moment in history and to prevent anyone else from doing the same…”

I will lend you some of my screen caps from a time whence I was the only person giving their opinions of the show on the old SyFy Forum.

And so it probably begins. I doubt that any of the time marines are from Abbotsford so they are not charged with that dreaded 'hopping Jesus power'.

Last edited:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I don't like her with Carlos at all, I also don't think it would be feasible to see her with Travis, he might be somewhat redeemed but far from someone she would ever be with. I am fine with her with Brad but I am pretty sure her endgame is ultimately with her husband back in her old life, with a few tweaks for the good, ala time cop.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't like her with Carlos at all, I also don't think it would be feasible to see her with Travis, he might be somewhat redeemed but far from someone she would ever be with. I am fine with her with Brad but I am pretty sure her endgame is ultimately with her husband back in her old life, with a few tweaks for the good, ala time cop.

Her and Brad? Really? I dunno...there is no chemistry there at all. There was even some slight chemistry with Kiera and Kellogg! Carlos, no. I agree, her husband is the endgame and she should end up back with him.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Anyone watching this last season? There are only two episodes left, then we find out Kiera's fate. :) I won't spoil it...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The last episode was good if talky. They have set it up so Kiera may be forced to destroy the equipment and forfeit any chance of going home.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The last episode was good if talky. They have set it up so Kiera may be forced to destroy the equipment and forfeit any chance of going home.

At this point, she should not WANT to go back to her former life. She was working for the wrong side in the future. Her current timeline has Kellogg's future which is worse than her own original future. I am not sure how they are going to wrap this up, and that is a good thing!

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I'm watching!
The last encounter between Old Alec and Young Alec seemed to imply there has been a plan all along, and that Kiera can get back to her husband and Sam although the details of her time line, politically speaking, will have changed.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm watching!
The last encounter between Old Alec and Young Alec seemed to imply there has been a plan all along, and that Kiera can get back to her husband and Sam although the details of her time line, politically speaking, will have changed.

YES! And they have been setting up the show for that.

The Asian future guy and the Traveler have both shown that there are alternate timelines available, and they have shown that changes to the future timeline do not affect people or places in the current timeline, so they could return Kiera to a timeline where she is with her son and husband and she is not a Protector. Her whole future could be a utopia.

The writing of this show has been 100% awesome since episode 1 of season 1. I guess it is just too deep and "geeky" for today's millenial audiences who only want soapy drama and pretty faces wearing cool clothes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Weeeelll ... if we ignore all the "Carlos was knocked out AGAIN" moments of the first couple seasons, I agree.

stock-photo-young-rage-woman-hitting-her-talking-partner-with-frying-pan-247013290.jpg

:shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::crying-028::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

He remained naive and a bit dimwitted throughout the show even when he realized that he was dealing with people from the future. I kinda got a kick out of her zapping him, knocking him out, tricking him, etc. :) I am surprised they did not try to ship them in the show. I can see Kiera having at least one "regrettable" encounter with Carlos, like she did with Kellogg. Why Brad? No chemistry there.

Heyyyyy....I wonder if that suit of hers has a "personal mode" where it does other tricks for her in her times of need? :cameronanime06:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, so we were essentially right in what they are setting up. Kiera is going to have to make a choice and part of it involves who to trust. I suspect it will indeed come down to her having to choose between going home and ending the bad future.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Okay, so we were essentially right in what they are setting up. Kiera is going to have to make a choice and part of it involves who to trust. I suspect it will indeed come down to her having to choose between going home and ending the bad future.

Haven't seen the ep yet so forgive my ignorance if they somehow addressed this.

Isn't her home essentially nulled out given that the future is completely changed? Whatever she would go back to at this moment would *not* be her home, so, there is no "choice" here involving her "home". Am I missing something or did the writers hope this would be overlooked?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haven't seen the ep yet so forgive my ignorance if they somehow addressed this.

Isn't her home essentially nulled out given that the future is completely changed? Whatever she would go back to at this moment would *not* be her home, so, there is no "choice" here involving her "home". Am I missing something or did the writers hope this would be overlooked?

She mostly wants to see her husband and son. They (both Brad and Alex) have clearly brought up the fact to her that her future has been changed and that her son may not even exist in her old future. She has acknowledged it herself in the show. She wants to take the chance anyway.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I do not understand the whole sideline story they had with the Traveler. According to the show, he went back 1000 years. But if Alex is the one who invented time travel, how did the Traveler go back in time? How can he manipulate the timelines? How did he bring back the dead Asian guy and what happens to him when Kiera goes back in time (and Brad's people come into the present with survivors)? Where did that "key" come from?

I am so gonna miss this show. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Weeeelll ... if we ignore all the "Carlos was knocked out AGAIN" moments of the first couple seasons, I agree.

stock-photo-young-rage-woman-hitting-her-talking-partner-with-frying-pan-247013290.jpg

I keep laughing every time I see this picture! Kiera sure banged him up a lot first season. :) When this show is all over, I am going to take one weekend and rewatch the whole show.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I think it inevitable that The Traveler will not be fully explained. After all, they were hoping for more than just six episodes to wrap everything up.