Constantine

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah I saw that one was making it to the small screen and I had the same concerns. It could go either way in terms of style, but the pull seems to be in the direction of "teen angst melodrama" nowadays, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it plays out.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yeah I saw that one was making it to the small screen and I had the same concerns. It could go either way in terms of style, but the pull seems to be in the direction of "teen angst melodrama" nowadays, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it plays out.
If they do that to Constantine, they will seriously mess it up.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If they do that to Constantine, they will seriously mess it up.

Exactly. There's a strange, quirky tone to Constantine that I just can't see translating to a teen angst type of show.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Hopefully, more along the lines of Hannibal.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hopefully he will work out. I am wondering though how much NBC will "clean up" the story. I mean, are they going to allow Constantine to chain smoke? And how much are they going to lighten things up?

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Constantine image (looks like him):
constantine-matt-ryan-600x399.jpg

I hear they're debating on putting his smoking habit on screen, but I don't see why they shouldn't because smoking is kind of integral to several plot lines in the Hellblazer comics. Besides, with the kind of gore they show on Hannibal, smoking is nothing in comparison.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Smoking:- socially taboo in society and probably legal issues.

Blood and guts:- perfectly fine

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
October 24th on NBC is the release date in the US for this, after the premiere of S4 of Grimm

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did we ever find out how gritty and dark this one is gonna be compared to the comic? I think it's a given there won't be a lot of smoking.