CONFIRMED: V has risen 6% in week to week ratings.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
V dropped back down to a 1.7 in the 18-49 demo this week - contrary to what ABC posted in their report the show hasn't seen a steady rise in viewership. It premiered below average, dropped, rose a bit, then dropped again.

There's little chance of ABC renewing it at this point so I guess we'll have to see if the hopes of Syfy picking it up prove true.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
V dropped back down to a 1.7 in the 18-49 demo this week - contrary to what ABC posted in their report the show hasn't seen a steady rise in viewership. It premiered below average, dropped, rose a bit, then dropped again.

There's little chance of ABC renewing it at this point so I guess we'll have to see if the hopes of Syfy picking it up prove true.

bowiedisapproves.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You are looking at the wrong sources.

LOL. Where did you get that info? Yoshi, you shouldnt say things like that if you have nothing to back it up. The information I posted leads to a source. I conveniently provided the link. :)

Here is another one:

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazi...inary-family-is-done-the-good-wife-in-danger/

ABC came in fourth place on Tuesday night, behind an increasingly weak slate of programming. “V” held steady however with a 1.9 demo. That’s in cancellation range for the network, but it outdrew the other two programs on ABC’s slate. Might ABC renew the drama? Unlikely, but if “V” can rise to a 2.0, it will make a case for a truncated third season. “No Ordinary Family” drew a 1.4 rating in the demo; it will surely be cancelled.

I think it has a GREAT chance at renewal, and I use those examples in support of my belief.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
LOL. Where did you get that info? Yoshi, you shouldnt say things like that if you have nothing to back it up. The information I posted leads to a source. I conveniently provided the link. :)

Here is another one:

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazi...inary-family-is-done-the-good-wife-in-danger/

I'm just jumping it to say that according to TVBytheNumbers, Yoshi's numbers are correct. Also, that link you posted leads to a post from February 23rd.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...hope-adjusted-down-no-adjustments-for-v/85185

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

Here is another one:

I think it has a GREAT chance at renewal, and I use those examples in support of my belief.

I'm not looking at the wrong sources, I'm just looking at the ratings. So far this season V has achieved (oldest at top, newest at bottom):

2.1/5
1.9/5
2.0/6
1.7/4
1.8/5
1.9/5
1.9/5
1.8/5
1.7/5

That isn't a show steadily rising as you suggest, its one thats fluctuating below average. Even the article you linked to suggested it would need a 2.0 to even be considered and tvbythenumbers has the show listed as 'likely to be cancelled'.

I'd add the total viewers are actually steadily decreasing as well looking at the latest five episodes (oldest at top, newest at bottom):

5.397 million
5.430 million
5.143 million
5.040 million
4.981 million

The show just doesn't have enough people watching, either overall or in the key demographic. And this is a show that launched with 14.300 million viewers and a (5.2/14 A18-49) rating back in season 1 only to end with 5.867 million and a (2.3/6) rating a mere thirteen episodes later. It had the viewers and lost them.

I'm just jumping it to say that according to TVBytheNumbers, Yoshi's numbers are correct. Also, that link you posted leads to a post from February 23rd.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...hope-adjusted-down-no-adjustments-for-v/85185

Thanks for posting the link to the latest ratings. All the ratings info I posted above I obtained from there but there's no point in me posting 13 different web pages (you can search V under their TV shows tab to find all the relevant articles).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, so lets make it simple!

I'm not looking at the wrong sources, I'm just looking at the ratings. So far this season V has achieved (oldest at top, newest at bottom):

2.1/5
1.9/5
2.0/6
1.7/4
1.8/5
1.9/5
1.9/5
1.8/5
1.7/5

That isn't a show steadily rising as you suggest, its one thats fluctuating below average. Even the article you linked to suggested it would need a 2.0 to even be considered and tvbythenumbers has the show listed as 'likely to be cancelled'.

I'd add the total viewers are actually steadily decreasing as well looking at the latest five episodes (oldest at top, newest at bottom):

5.397 million
5.430 million
5.143 million
5.040 million
4.981 million

The show just doesn't have enough people watching, either overall or in the key demographic. And this is a show that launched with 14.300 million viewers and a (5.2/14 A18-49) rating back in season 1 only to end with 5.867 million and a (2.3/6) rating a mere thirteen episodes later. It had the viewers and lost them.

Thanks for posting the link to the latest ratings. All the ratings info I posted above I obtained from there but there's no point in me posting 13 different web pages (you can search V under their TV shows tab to find all the relevant articles).

Okay, then lets just make it simple!

With ALL OF THAT you have posted, I still insist that ABC's V will be renewed on ABC and not sold to Syfy (which is its next home if they do sell it). You say it will be cancelled. So, lets just wait and see...the last episode airs Tuesday. :)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Okay, then lets just make it simple!

With ALL OF THAT you have posted, I still insist that ABC's V will be renewed on ABC and not sold to Syfy (which is its next home if they do sell it). You say it will be cancelled. So, lets just wait and see...the last episode airs Tuesday. :)

Indeed we shall. I've got nothing against V, I just thought you were being overly optimistic. I'd hope to see both V and Fringe renewed as otherwise (if we include Caprica and SGU) it sends a very bad message to programmers about sci-fi shows.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
V and Fringe, yes.

Indeed we shall. I've got nothing against V, I just thought you were being overly optimistic. I'd hope to see both V and Fringe renewed as otherwise (if we include Caprica and SGU) it sends a very bad message to programmers about sci-fi shows.

We dont include Caprica or SGU because they are in a different genre. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not just an opinion.

Well that's you opinion but my point was that programmers and schedulers would probably see them as sci-fi.

Ronald D. Moore stated from his own lips that Caprica was a Primetime Soap:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/02/caprica-ron-moore.html

Some have called "Caprica" a science-fiction soap opera. Is that a fair description and was that the plan?

RDM: "I always felt like science fiction could accommodate different kinds of storytelling that were character-oriented and more grounded, for lack of a better term. So we decided that this show would be very much based on a planet and character-oriented. And the shorthand for that would be primetime soap."

As far as SGU, it wasnt stated by its writers that it was a soap, but the format and the clearly stated CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT as the center of the show, and the obvious lack of any real science in the show identifies it correctly as a space-based soap. They have stated that it is a DRAMA.

:icon_e_wink:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
There is no surefire way of classifying shows that merge genres.

When RDM says "I always felt like science fiction could accommodate different kinds of storytelling that were character-oriented and more grounded" I think he hits the nail on the head. It may be drama within Science Fiction but you can classify it as either.

My opinion is that its a sad day when science fiction has to be so specifically trapped within guidelines.

But anyway this isn't the thread for this kind of discussion.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
same old, same old

OM1- didn't you have a quote from BW about his wife and sgpoo? :rotflmao: you need to dig that one out again!