COMET TV is running "Space 1999"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://www.comettv.com/

For you folks in America COMET TV is going to start running Space 1999 starting this weekend. COMET is a free over-the-air channel in various cities. Check the link for the schedule and info.

ETA: They're also going to be running Babylon 5.

Very cool! I have those shows in my collection already, but it is good knowing that they continue to be aired. :)

Very cool! I have those shows in my collection already, but it is good knowing that they continue to be aired. :)

Yeah it's a cool channel in that they rerun old scifi shows and cheesy movies that are fun to watch. It's much better than SyFy in my opinion despite not having original programming. They have an app now and you can even watch the channel live on the website, which is great if the over-the-air channel isn't available in your area. Plus there are other viewing options via Roku, etc. It's a very easy site to navigate too. I can't recommend the site highly enough. :beckett_new049:

Here's the "watch live" link:

https://www.comettv.com/watch-live/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah it's a cool channel in that they rerun old scifi shows and cheesy movies that are fun to watch. It's much better than SyFy in my opinion despite not having original programming. They have an app now and you can even watch the channel live on the website, which is great if the over-the-air channel isn't available in your area. Plus there are other viewing options via Roku, etc. It's a very easy site to navigate too. I can't recommend the site highly enough. :beckett_new049:

Here's the "watch live" link:

https://www.comettv.com/watch-live/

I don't see it as an app for FireTV, but I do see it as an addon for Kodi which I do have on my Fire TV stick. I recently purchased the awesome Ethernet adapter for my Fire Stick, so streaming is greatly improved. :)

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Is it commercial free?

I don't see it as an app for FireTV, but I do see it as an addon for Kodi which I do have on my Fire TV stick. I recently purchased the awesome Ethernet adapter for my Fire Stick, so streaming is greatly improved. :)

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Is it commercial free?

No, unfortunately it's not commercial free. It's a basic over-the-air channel so it's free to watch, but there are commercials. I don't know how the commercials work with the app though so that might be a little different. If you check it out thru your app let us know how that works. I'm curious to find out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No, unfortunately it's not commercial free. It's a basic over-the-air channel so it's free to watch, but there are commercials. I don't know how the commercials work with the app though so that might be a little different. If you check it out thru your app let us know how that works. I'm curious to find out.

Well....zero tolerance. :indecisiveness: I will get the addon, but I probably have all of the series they are airing in my collection already. :)

Well....zero tolerance. :indecisiveness: I will get the addon, but I probably have all of the series they are airing in my collection already. :)

I hear ya. But if you're gonna watch commercial television it's a good option compared to SyFy, which has commercials plus you have to pay the cable fee to begin with.