Coaster - Monster Paw Games - A great set of 4 VR coasters - Played on Oculus Rift S

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Space Coaster

This is one of four coasters in this app. I like this one because the ride is through space, and includes a "Stargate" like warp in the route. The environment in this is open and expansive, and everything in it looks MASSIVE and full sized. It appears to be some sort of asteroid mining facility in orbit around a gas giant with rings. Lots of re-ride potential.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Moon Coaster

This is another coaster in the set of 4. This one takes place on the Moon, and the visuals are again expansive and MASSIVE. The developers of these coasters love the massive possibilities of VR and you get to experience it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think these coasters are probably something one has to experience for oneself in VR. When I look at the videos (on my phone) I do see the visuals are nice, but in my opinion I don't see much happening and this makes it somewhat boring.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think these coasters are probably something one has to experience for oneself in VR. When I look at the videos (on my phone) I do see the visuals are nice, but in my opinion I don't see much happening and this makes it somewhat boring.

I also felt that when I was using my phone based VR, so just a flat video of it in 2D is definitely boring. But in the headset, you are immersed in the environment and nothing in it is flat. :) I think that if you manage to try on a real VR headset, even the Quest which is independent (but on the level of connected PCVR), you will see why I have suddenly become such a fan of it. I can totally understand the movie Ready Player One in a whole new way. I would say I spend an average of 2 hours in VR every day now.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I also felt that when I was using my phone based VR, so just a flat video of it in 2D is definitely boring. But in the headset, you are immersed in the environment and nothing in it is flat. :) I think that if you manage to try on a real VR headset, even the Quest which is independent (but on the level of connected PCVR), you will see why I have suddenly become such a fan of it. I can totally understand the movie Ready Player One in a whole new way. I would say I spend an average of 2 hours in VR every day now.
I think I would appreciate VR if I tried it. For the past week I've been playing Subnautica pretty much every chance I had. Man what an awesome game! I noticed you playing it yesterday I think. Now that's a game made for VR! But it's still excellent on a normal screen. I did read some reports about problems with VR for this game, but hopefully those have all been resolved.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think I would appreciate VR if I tried it. For the past week I've been playing Subnautica pretty much every chance I had. Man what an awesome game! I noticed you playing it yesterday I think. Now that's a game made for VR! But it's still excellent on a normal screen. I did read some reports about problems with VR for this game, but hopefully those have all been resolved.

I have been playing it more often myself. I was not even aware it could be played in non-VR until you mentioned you were playing it! Subnautica plays well with a keyboard and mouse in non-VR perhaps even easier than in VR. But the VR experience is awesome. I like that the game forces you to figure things out, but I did have to watch a video before I could make any real progress on how to play the game. Once you have that down pat, it becomes even more fun!

Last edited: