CNN Article With and About George R R Martin

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I'm still mystified by his popularity. But gonna read the next book anyways cause I took the time to read the other 4.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have the next book on preorder, so, first thing Tuesday morning, it'll be automatically uploaded to my Kindle.

I cannot believe how many points of view he has in this series. Personally, I think it's a huge mistake, as I prefer my books to maybe have three points of view at the most. Having so many can be awfully confusing.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, he said he's adding even more perspectives in the new one, jeez. Give it a rest and just get on with the series already. Think it's all gotten into his head and he's trying to milk it for all its worth like Jordan did back with his series around book 4, Martin seemed to start at 3 or something. It's hard to get attached to his characters because they either end up dead, aren't explored too well, and too many other viewpoints getting in the way breaking any momentum.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I think I'll wait to see what you guys think. the last two books were meh and I am not sure I want to spend the time reading the new one! :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I've only read about 1/4 of the way through but got distracted by other things. He mostly introduced more story elements/stuff to prolong the overall resolution if there is one, it got kinda tiresome to read.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I've only read about 1/4 of the way through but got distracted by other things. He mostly introduced more story elements/stuff to prolong the overall resolution if there is one, it got kinda tiresome to read.

I was afraid of that ...a feast for crows (or was it of crows?) went that way and bored me! once a series has started to bore me I am gone!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I read the latest one and it didn't do a lot for me, and, in fact, disgusted me a bit (not content, but storyline).

We'll see if I feel like buying and reading his next effort.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:lol: yep that is definitely ned stark! :facepalm: