Children of Men: AMAZING

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just finished watching Children of Men...one of the most amazing movies I have seen in many years. Talk about dark and gritty, it is absolutely AMAZING.

Set in the not too distant future (say, 10 or 15 years from now), this British film is a vision of a post-peace world, at war with itself and no specific enemy. Britain is a closed country with closed borders and all foreigners are expelled as illegal immigrants. Humankind has been rendered sterile...except for one woman who gets pregnant. This movie may be one of the best science fiction movies of this decade! No special effects (besides explosions and some clever settings), no aliens, no spaceships...but its science fiction nonetheless. Gripping, dark and edgy...AWESOME.

A thinking person's movie. Strongly recommend!

trelaine

GateFans Noob
This movie may be one of the best science fiction movies of this decade! No special effects (besides explosions and some clever settings), no aliens, no spaceships...but its science fiction nonetheless. Gripping, dark and edgy...AWESOME.

A thinking person's movie. Strongly recommend!
To ME this is what science fiction should be all about! This movie says a lot about what we're doing to ourselves, the earth and to each other.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I love post-apocalyptic movies but this one is better because it's different - instead of whole country's populations being wiped out by nukes/plagues/zombies etc & a few ragged survivors having to eek out an existence, the death of humanity is a slow process of attrition through natural (or man-made) causes & life/society as we know it carries on but with hardship which everybody has to suffer & come to terms with there being no future but to maintain their hope for humanity & a cure/future. I would definitely recommend it too.