Cast Changes...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
For those who watched this show, did you still enjoy watching it after Linda Hamilton left the series "to be a mother"?

I wasn't impressed by the move and started moving away from the show shortly after they changed the female love interest and got into the whole "have to wrest Vincent's child" away from the bad guy (played by someone who is actually one of my favorite character actors, Stephen McHattie).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have S1&2 on DVD but I haven't got around to watching much of it yet. My memory of watching it as a kid is pretty hazy as well.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A change this fundamental in such a show/story always portends the end coming soon. B&tB had been on for several years by then and had told its story pretty much. It became apparent that they simply wanted to milk the show as much as they could at the point of Hamilton's departure. Can't say that I blame them as money is money and Perlman was still more than happy to wear that costume so why not give it a try? Ultimately such gimmicks don't work long term though.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I didn't find it as interesting. Did it run 4 or 5 seasons? I have seasons 1-3 and I enjoy rewatching.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I find it annoying when showrunners come into something thinking "ya, we can replace the female/male lead and people will still watch!" crap.

Gets old in a very big hurry.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Linda Hamilton had the saddest eyes I have ever seen on a women and I watched it for as long as I can remember just to see her sadness . Not sure why I was so attracted to this character . Maybe as a teen I felt the same way . Even though I am male I probably felt their pain having had my heart broken a few times from girls I thought I was in love with . Wanting a love that could never be .
Hell I used to watch Highway To Heaven and cry . No idea why it would make me so emotional . I am usually a fairly tough individual . I guess we all have our weaknesses . My wife had to hug me once watching August Rush . I just could not hold back the tears . The movie was just so personal for me having a son whom is Autistic and a daughter who is ADHD and very musically talented .
I guess I can be a softy sometimes .
Overall I did enjoy B and B and always thought of it as a first class love story :)