Captain Marvel - Mar 2019

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am not a sexist. But I am not going to watch this character mess up Captain Marvel. The comic books do not have a female Captain Marvel. Why not make the female heroes something in their own right instead of just changing the previously male heroes into females? Are we gonna get a female Hulk, Iron Woman and Black Pantheress too? If so, then I want to see a Wonder Man, a Catman, a male Scarlet Witch and male Black Widow. :(

It isn't because of them being females, it is because they are taking male narratives and squeezing females into them instead of developing female roles for them. I know, it walks all over gender politics to say that, but the fact is that females and males are not the same. They do NOT think or act the same, and there is no such thing as "gender neutral".

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It does look a bit dumb. But for real dumbness wait until Infinity War Part 2 when they have to push the mother of all reset buttons because of the way Infinity War ended.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It does look a bit dumb. But for real dumbness wait until Infinity War Part 2 when they have to push the mother of all reset buttons because of the way Infinity War ended.

Corporate movie making is going to kill the golden goose they have so carefully fattened up.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Maybe they could ask spidey to be marvel's butt double?

Or rather butt stand-in.

Maybe they could ask spidey to be marvel's butt double?

Or rather butt stand-in.

The chick needs something to help her out. It's sad the producers are ignoring the feminine aspects of the character. What was the point of changing the character's gender if they weren't going to accentuate those differences? Comic book characters are highly stylized in terms of body proportions; butts are rounder, pecs are bigger, body-hugging costumes are the norm. Female superheroes are uniformly presented as having voluptuous tits and ass. This is standard for the genre. If this is considered sexist too bad. It's a central aesthetic "tenet" of the genre. It's a big part of the appeal. Everyone knows this.

Do the producers really expect straight male comic book fans to suddenly be turned on by a live-action representation of a female character that doesn't have voluptuous qualities? M'kay. :rolleye0014:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Did you guys not know ? After the destruction of everyone in Infininty Wars , the next installment of The Avengers will have Capitain Marvel swoop in to save everyone . Capitain . Just like std spells it on there programs for the 2018 Vegas ST fan passes ..

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There already are plot spoilers out on Tony Stark (one of the survivors) working with other survivors on time travel to go back and stop Thanos.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There already are plot spoilers out on Tony Stark (one of the survivors) working with other survivors on time travel to go back and stop Thanos.

For me, something dies inside as soon as time travel is used as a plot device. Now that we know that time travel is impossible, it really bothers me when I see it in stuff. Not so much the Avengers, but in other stuff leaning more towards science fiction. But that is neither here nor there. Time travel is the only way they are going to be able to fix the events of Infinity War.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The only places I have ever seen time travel used where it did not cause issues all over the place are some indie films like Trancers, a couple of Star Trek episodes (Time's Arrow and The Voyager Paradox) and Doctor Who before the SJWs got their hands on it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The only places I have ever seen time travel used where it did not cause issues all over the place are some indie films like Trancers, a couple of Star Trek episodes (Time's Arrow and The Voyager Paradox) and Doctor Who before the SJWs got their hands on it.

12 Monkeys really drove it into the ground for me. Continuum made it very cool, and like you pointed out in ST, it worked. Also Voyager's finale which was Endgame Pts 1&2. It is a deus ex machina. LOVED Trancers!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Spiderman has a hotter ass than Captain Marvel. Is this their version of gender equality? Do they really think hetero fanbois are going to be turned on by this chick's flat ass? Really? :rolleye0014:

View attachment 34694

Well, looking closer (no homo :)), it appears that Spidey has some "help" in the form of pads. They really need to install some of those in Captain Marvel's suit because in these modern times, flat butts are not considered attractive by many. Perhaps the SJW agenda is going to make a point of making her not a physical draw, and just focus on her heroism and strength?

Well, looking closer (no homo :)), it appears that Spidey has some "help" in the form of pads. They really need to install some of those in Captain Marvel's suit because in these modern times, flat butts are not considered attractive by many. Perhaps the SJW agenda is going to make a point of making her not a physical draw, and just focus on her heroism and strength?

Maybe it's just me but it looks like the costume enhanced her boobs a little but they seem to have forgotten about her ass. Regardless, I think it's foolish of them to ignore the sexual appeal of the character in toto just because suddenly women aren't to be objectified, blah blah blah. She's portraying a comic book superhero, she's supposed to be highly stylized in terms of aesthetics. So if the male super heroes can have tight asses and abs of steel and big pecs there's no reason the female ones can't be just as enhanced.

And let's be honest, how many straight guys are gonna be turned on by a chick that looks like a boring, ordinary, suburban mom? Seriously, that's what she looks like. I don't see her saving the world but I do see her standing at a Starbucks counter demanding to speak to the manager because she's unhappy they didn't make her Pumpkin Spice latte to her ridiculous expectations.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
12 Monkeys really drove it into the ground for me. Continuum made it very cool, and like you pointed out in ST, it worked. Also Voyager's finale which was Endgame Pts 1&2. It is a deus ex machina. LOVED Trancers!

I remember we did a rewatch on Trancers and you were not getting some parts of the time travel plot. I gather you went back and viewed it again and it became clearer?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I remember we did a rewatch on Trancers and you were not getting some parts of the time travel plot. I gather you went back and viewed it again and it became clearer?

Yes. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Cool! I always liked the double paradox that is revealed at the end. First that Jack Deth by going back in time and "cleaning up" the Hap character actually caused the character he was trying to save to be born in the first place and second because Helen Hunt's character fell in love with him and they married and had kids he also was responsible for his own future birth :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool! I always liked the double paradox that is revealed at the end. First that Jack Deth by going back in time and "cleaning up" the Hap character actually caused the character he was trying to save to be born in the first place and second because Helen Hunt's character fell in love with him and they married and had kids he also was responsible for his own future birth :)

It worked for Trancers, but that is not usually the case. :)

Last edited by a moderator: