Bypassing geolocation and browser privacy without a VPN

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I use Cyber Ghost, is this any different? I abhor Geo-location crap. This is worst violation of my privacy ever. I can't even get to bloody Google us without a vpn. I use the free version of CG but I was thinking about upgrading to the paid unlimited one. My free CG will bump me off every 3 hours for an hour.

Overmind, if you get a chance, watch Sherlock from BBC.

I think it is the same sort of thing. If it defeats geolocking by making it seem like you are in another country or on a different continent, then it is probably the same.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I use Cyber Ghost, is this any different? I abhor Geo-location crap. This is worst violation of my privacy ever.

Actually, it isn't. You're asking to play in their sandbox and they are simply enforcing their rules. We may not agree with regional licensing but, without geolocking, foreign countries would have no incentive to license content from any of the US-based studios.

What you're claiming to be a violation of your privacy is no different than, say, you showing up uninvited to a State Dinner and being asked for your invitation and you object because it's "a violation of your privacy". Fact is, you weren't invited to THAT party, so, they're blocking you out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bluce, I cannot thank you enough for telling me about this. I am back to my BBC addiction, and I cannot believe the connection I get. Full HD with no hiccups and great sound. This is the best thing for me since torrents!

:smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy::smiley_joy: