Buyer Beware - Sliders Seasons 1+2 and Season 3 DVD sets

Red Mage

Boney
Brand new installment. I just can't help but buy DVD sets with terrible packaging because unfortunately scifi series dvd sets appear to be synonymous with awful packaging. These sets are no exception

Probably my most candid video so far, I should have reshot the video considering I completely mess up and one point and I'm completely lethargic from working 9 hours with no break. But hey, I kept it as is because I think the video captures the essence of my frustrations with this set.

However there is a swearing warning for this video. I do drop the F-word once when I accidently fumble the packaging. :icon_lol:

Video removed

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Brand new installment. I just can't help but buy DVD sets with terrible packaging because unfortunately scifi series dvd sets appear to be synonymous with awful packaging. These sets are no exception

Probably my most candid video so far, I should have reshot the video considering I completely mess up and one point and I'm completely lethargic from working 9 hours with no break. But hey, I kept it as is because I think the video captures the essence of my frustrations with this set.

However there is a swearing warning for this video. I do drop the F-word once when I accidently fumble the packaging. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqCTyaxhQQ

Sheez...could they have made it any worse? That is a perfect example of "cheap yet blingy". It only revealed itself after you started handling the DVDs. I would trash that box within a year. NO TRACK LISTING??? :facepalm:

Red Mage

Boney
Sheez...could they have made it any worse? That is a perfect example of "cheap yet blingy". It only revealed itself after you started handling the DVDs. I would trash that box within a year. NO TRACK LISTING??? :facepalm:

A year? I got them transferred out of those cases about 5 minutes ago. I'm glad I shelled out the money for about 30 of those 8 DVD cases because I've already used about half of them. I keep the empty cases next to the clear cases kind of like a video rental store. It looks terrible asthetically but I don't like throwing out the packaging despite how poor it is even if I'm not using it to house the DVDs. I completely agree that the absence of a tracklisting. Atleast the menus are somewhat nice.

Video removed

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
How frustrating. Obviously no one really cared about getting this series out to its fans. :(

Red Mage

Boney
How frustrating. Obviously no one really cared about getting this series out to its fans. :(

Yeah. However, from what I read on Amazon, they fixed the packaging further with Season 4. Supposedly, it's similar digipak design but the discs are thankfully single sided and have their own tray. Why was this not done to begin with? Too bad Season 4 was awful. Figures, they would finally get it right when show isn't worth buying or watching anymore. Sabrina Lloyd and John Rhys-Davies left the show for season 4 and the show focused on the Kromagg plotline alot in that season which I didn't care for at all. Season 5 was even worse but it's not available on DVD. Even Jerry O'Connell had jumped ship for season 5 only leaving the actor who played Rembrandt has the remaining original cast member.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Yeah. However, from what I read on Amazon, they fixed the packaging further with Season 4. Supposedly, it's similar digipak design but the discs are thankfully single sided and have their own tray. Why was this not done to begin with? Too bad Season 4 was awful. Figures, they would finally get it right when show isn't worth buying or watching anymore. Sabrina Lloyd and John Rhys-Davies left the show for season 4 and the show focused on the Kromagg plotline alot in that season which I didn't care for at all. Season 5 was even worse but it's not available on DVD. Even Jerry O'Connell had jumped ship for season 5 only leaving the actor who played Rembrandt has the remaining original cast member.

Good to hear they wised up; you shouldn't need to struggle to pull the dvd from the packaging to play it on your dvd player. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I suppose you could take some digital shots and make your own covers for your new cases. Just put some old cds in the box and use it for an artsy "kewl dissplaye". :)

Red Mage

Boney
On a bit of unrelated note, just a few days after I purchased these sets online, I go into Walmart today to buy a bathing suit and I find they had these exact sets for sale which they hadn't any other time I have been in the store atleast the past 2 years. These aren't exactly new releases nor is Sliders an extremely popular series. I found it interesting that Walmart happened to coincidently sell these sets around the same time I bought them online. Maybe the local Walmart is somehow tracking my Amazon purchases :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
On a bit of unrelated note, just a few days after I purchased these sets online, I go into Walmart today to buy a bathing suit and I find they had these exact sets for sale which they hadn't any other time I have been in the store atleast the past 2 years. These aren't exactly new releases nor is Sliders an extremely popular series. I found it interesting that Walmart happened to coincidently sell these sets around the same time I bought them online. Maybe the local Walmart is somehow tracking my Amazon purchases :icon_lol:

smsmileys28.gif
Makes ya wonder doesn't it?
smsmileys28.gif

we had a similar problem with the commish- we bought the full series at christmas time and found three discs unwatchable. the company cheerfully replaced them and sent us a (cancelled) series as an extra.