Buyer Beware -Alliance Home Video DVD season boxsets

S

Stonelesscutter

That last packaging is waaaaay better than the other ones.
I wouldn't want to have any dvd's packed the way the first one was.
Also artwork inside the box is not important. It's nice if it's there but certainly not a necessity.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXnRzqyvhM

I got my second boxset in the mail today and I noticed a few changes in the packaging that bodes well for future prospective buyers of the series. I still got some seasons that came in those terrible boxsets. I got a excrutiating calf cramp about a minute into filming the video but I think I stuck through it like a champ. This is probably the final video on this series unless MGM makes new boxsets or Alliance releases the series on blu-ray in which I will probably buy that as well.
Just one question, Red Mage: are these DVDs the ones with the full episodes (full nudity & length) or are they the Syfy shorter versions?

Red Mage

Boney
I'm pretty sure that the episodes are edited. From what I hear that seasons 1 and 2 are the unedited versions and it's just seasons 3-7 are edited but I haven't compared the season 1 episodes on these sets with the MGM ones. When I get around to it, I'll compare episodes like Valerie 23 and Caught in the Act between the two sets to see if the episodes are edited.

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm pretty sure that the episodes are edited. From what I hear that seasons 1 and 2 are the unedited versions and it's just seasons 3-7 are edited but I haven't compared the season 1 episodes on these sets with the MGM ones. When I get around to it, I'll compare episodes like Valerie 23 and Caught in the Act between the two sets to see if the episodes are edited.

Perhaps you could check it easily by comparing the episode lengths.