Buy A Piece of SG History!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
good bye stargate sets

I'm gonna post this link here and hope that those of you who have an interest will be able to watch/participate/etc.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/propworx

Currently, a lot of Dex' weapon stuff..

PS: Thanks to Rac for the headsup.. :)

Your very welcome hun. it's sad though, for the past 26 weeks they have been selling stargate stuff on eBay...everything from costumes, to pieces of the sets, etc...you can tell they are deeply serious about making the movies..NOT! :P

Will

GateFans Noob
Your very welcome hun. it's sad though, for the past 26 weeks they have been selling stargate stuff on eBay...everything from costumes, to pieces of the sets, etc...you can tell they are deeply serious about making the movies..NOT! :P

Well....depends how much they sell for. I say this smacks of needing cash to fund the failure that is SGU...as long as they sell for less than the cost to remake them if they had to, they make money even if they have to rebuild them for the supposed "movies". Maybe this is a cunning plan to justify SGU to the financial guys...by creating SGU as so different to SG1/SGA, they nolonger need the props, so they can auction them off for $$$!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
These articles are only worth anything more than the rubber and paint they are made of because of the huge success and popularity of SG1 & SGA. MGM should create a special fund for sponsoring future SG1 & SGA movies and put at least part of the profits there - that would be the fair thing to do!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Well....depends how much they sell for. I say this smacks of needing cash to fund the failure that is SGU...as long as they sell for less than the cost to remake them if they had to, they make money even if they have to rebuild them for the supposed "movies". Maybe this is a cunning plan to justify SGU to the financial guys...by creating SGU as so different to SG1/SGA, they nolonger need the props, so they can auction them off for $$$!

I noticed they kept a few props to "re-use" on sgpoo...that horrible wig from sg1's 200 and the pegasus asgard suits:P amazing what a little spray paint and bad lighting can do! :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Since this has to do with merchandise, I moved this to the "Sales, Merchandising, and Events" section.

Good find, but I can't get the video to play. Can anyone else see it? :confused: I might have to check my flash player or something.

No mate, I think you can't see it anymore because it was a live auction. I saw some of it live this morning (for me). Most of the "crowd comments" were geared towards getting SG-1/SGA tech however.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
They even reuse sg1's props!

What wig?
In the ep 200 of SG1, season 10, the "younger, hipper" SG1's Teal'c had this funky wig:

200wig1.jpg

So along comes SGPoo and the episode Lost when poor Greer flashbacked to being younger (and hipper? ;) ) and out comes this ugly peice of dryer lint again:

200wig2.jpg

so yep they reused the ugly pice of dryer lint! :P:P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
In the ep 200 of SG1, season 10, the "younger, hipper" SG1's Teal'c had this funky wig:

200wig1.jpg

So along comes SGPoo and the episode Lost when poor Greer flashbacked to being younger (and hipper? ;) ) and out comes this ugly peice of dryer lint again:

200wig2.jpg

so yep they reused the ugly pice of dryer lint! :P:P

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Even the wig agrees...sgpoo stinks!

You ask, My friend, and I will try to deliver! ;) We had a loooong discussion about that ugly wig when the ep aired. Someone even found a pic of BJS goofing off on the set with the wig! :P (Might have been from mallozzi's blog!:P)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
..a second auction for SG to be held during 1st Qtr 2011. Guess they're waiting to include SGU items.. :icon_e_confused:
Yep, by then the doggone show will be dog-gone! :P:P cancellation makes for nice "fire sales" :P:P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Someone would...

But a very curious question here -- what the heck does GW have to do with this whole thing?? Propworx just did a quick interview post-auction with David-Somebody-Or-Other (he identified himself as the GW person who does the podcasts) and he was taking big-time-credit for this whole auction thing, like he had some major level of backstage participation in the planning, etc. Anybody have any ideas?

IIRC, the guy who organises all the propwerx auctions is a regular news poster on GW as well. If you check out the author of the news stuff related to the auctions, they are done by "David *someone*"
Does that help?

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
A GW friend of mine bought an Asuran Robe and a Wraith Costume methinks. Then agian he's very much a geek :P

Personally, i want The Flan's wrist band :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Yes, it's time to break out the smilies. Here goes:

shep_whump.gif
teyla_cry2.gif
beckett_cry.gif
rodney_cry.gif
ronananime25.gif

Yeah, I'm glad I gave up on the idea of a good SGA movie a little while ago because I don't see it happening.

Cheers.
A4L, I don't think an SGA movie was ever happening. IMO that's why they threw the 2nd half of season 5 to the dogs, tested their melodrama skills on episodes like BS, Identity & Vegas, and rushed through EAtG to get it over with asap. They thought their "big hit" with all its stars was coming and they would never have to bother again with second-rate actors like JF, DH and RP. The fans would fall in love with SGU and the "Save SGA" movement would die out except for a handful of malcontents - so they thought. Remember how the SGA cast was sent off unceremoniously and with a "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude? And how BW told the SGA fans he didn't need their support and that they would watch SGU anyway if it was good? Well, at least he got the last part right...
That was BW and RCC, of course. My opinion is that JM didn't get that early memo and probably didn't even pick up the hints until SGU started bombing and the fan outrage poured in.

Nice smilies btw! :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
For you Sabella!

Yes, it does.. Thanks so much, GF'76.. (I need a good hug smiley.. I bet Rac has one stashed someplace! LOL)

This guy was as serious as a heart attack, and the online personality to match. They introduced him more as a GW'er and really didn't give any indication of what his position (if any) was with Propworx, the studio, or MGM. I thought maybe I might have misheard or misunderstood, but looks like I didn't...

Wonder how much $$ this guy is going to profit off of SG franchise's long sleep 'til reboot.. :(

You know me too well!
Hug:
muchohug.gif

or group hug:
1Grouphug2.gif

SerenityS

GateFans Member
David Read is kind of the co-founder(?) of Gateworld along with Darren whatshisname.
He used to work with one of the failed SG game development companies.
He got a paying job with Propworx, probably due to his knowledge of the Stargate world. I have listened to a few podcasts, he does have a good memory for episodes, actors, characters, etc.

The Shep wristbands went for between $300 and $800 on the ebay auctions, so this one was cheap!
There were about 4 or 5 total, I think?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

@Aragon - JF's wristband set went for $250, iirc, and in the description it was noted they were actually Nike brand worn 'flipped' with the brand mark against the skin. Apparently, no explanation was ever given by either him or the PTB as to "why" Shep ever wore them.
The reason is obvious, and it's similar to why Jason wears a leather harness on his left lower arm in Conan: JF had to conceal his bracelets that couldn't be removed (Jason has a huge tatoo on his left arm).