Buffy The Vampire Slayer Reboot/Remake -

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
No. Just...no. :sour:

If Joss Whedon wants to do something really scary to fulfill his next "mission"? After watching the latest ten second blurb starring Roseanne Barr, let me suggest that he hire her as the next Giles.

If that doesn't create a scary-Mary situation, nothing will.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
They already had a "black" Slayer that Spike dispatched in New York. Season 7 was a stretch, but I love all the writers that the show produced - especially the producers/writers who moved onto LOST.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They already had a "black" Slayer that Spike dispatched in New York. Season 7 was a stretch, but I love all the writers that the show produced - especially the producers/writers who moved onto LOST.

I don't get why people liked Lost.

Don't forget Kendra from Season 2. She was the next slayer "activated" when Buffy briefly died while fighting the Master at the end of Season 1. Kendra was pretty cool and I wish they hadn't had Drusilla kill her off.

latest

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
And I just finished re-watching the series on Friday night? Poor Kendra!

I don't get why people liked Lost.

And I don't get it why people love .... all the stuff that I don't.

LOST appears to be an amalgamation of all things good that I found in Angel, Buffy-butt, the X-Files, so on, and so on.

If in Buffy the word LOST was uttered once,then it had to have been uttered 815 times.

We have to remember that Buffy went out of production around 20-03, so at least one potential must of been born by then. If in their world, if one of those many Slayers dies does another Slayer become activated?

Last edited:
And I just finished re-watching the series on Friday night? Poor Kendra!

And I don't get it why people love .... all the stuff that I don't.

LOST appears to be an amalgamation of all things good that I found in Angel, Buffy-butt, the X-Files, so on, and so on.

If in Buffy the word LOST was uttered once,then it had to have been uttered 815 times.

We have to remember that Buffy went out of production around 20-03, so at least one potential must of been born by then. If in their world, if one of those many Slayers dies does another Slayer become activated?

Yes, when a slayer dies the next one becomes activated. Buffy died, albeit briefly, when fighting the Master so then Kendra was activated. When Kendra was killed Faith became activated.

At the end of the series I thought Willow had done some kind of spell that activated all the potential slayers so there were tons of them supposedly at that point. The ending was kind of confusing in that regard. I'm not sure how the story continued as I never bothered reading the comic books post TV series.

At any rate, I think the show still holds up really well and it just doesn't seem to be the right time to reboot it.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Here’s a weird thought.....write something ORIGINAL in an ORIGINAL setting. Make your own new tent pole instead of rehashing old ones.