Bridge Studios Liquidation Sale

SerenityS

GateFans Member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Looks like WormholeRiders is also reporting the story, along with some ill-informed and inflammatory commentary:
http://wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=25508&cpage=1#comment-11432
It looks as though the comments aren't much about the sale of items (I believe there is only ONE comment from a German fan that would be considered "on topic"). The rest of the comments are slamming people for not watching SGU.

I'm so tired of "real fan" comments from ANY side of ANY show. It's just stupid.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Looks like WormholeRiders is also reporting the story, along with some ill-informed and inflammatory commentary:

GW is overrun by haters??? :eek:
SGUS caused massive ratings drops :eek:

This bit cracked me up the most though:

WHR said:
Stargate Universe is one of the finest serialized science fictions series ever created in history as proven until the haters attacked and boycotted the program. As for getting a "grip" we have a firm "grip" on reality and the facts as have been mentioned here and at many other news web sites (no not fan hate sites). Many official search and news agencies have documented the ridiculous boycott of Syfy and attacks against them. In fact MGM, their support studios and all whom are well informed in the news business proved beyond a shadow of a doubt long ago that the boycott (trying to force the creators to make SG-1 and SGA movies) is what in large part killed the Stargate franchise. Their reward for being malcontents? Now there is not going to be any new Stargate for anyone anymore. The auction on June 17 & 18 2011 means Stargate is over for now.
icon_sad.gif

Now the "Boycott Syfy" people are attempting to kill off Sanctuary and other shows too. They will fail because as we did with Chuck and Fringe, members of our news team will support positive team work efforts and help stop the ridiculous boycott. We have already seen great results for Sanctuary since we started being a part of a much larger team effort. We suggest you support Sanctuary as well. Thanks

As for the boycott research, perhaps because you are from Australia / Asia Pacific Region (or so your first layer IP address says), maybe the facts are being filtered in your country? Hop on a proxy server in the USA and Google, Bing or Yahoo search for it. Its all right there for anyone to read including you. Facts are facts plain and simple.

Methane rich environments are bad for you M'Kay..........:facepalm:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
GW is overrun by haters??? :eek:
SGUS caused massive ratings drops :eek:

This bit cracked me up the most though:

[/FONT][/FONT]
Methane rich environments are bad for you M'Kay..........:facepalm:
Once again, some people don't seem to realize that only a couple hundred people (and that was just registered users at the former SGUS site, not active users) won't have that much of an impact on a program, whether or not they are watching it.

They'd much rather point fingers at identifiable targets as the villian(s) in situations situations such as this.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Bad case of repeating misinformation...

From the report:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.47.30.png

:icon_eek: :icon_lol:

The commentaries:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.48.00.png
:rotflmao:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.48.50.png
:laughing:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.49.10.png

:icon_eek: :vala-newanime026:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.49.28.png
:eek: "It's basically the same story..." :rotflmao: :laughing:

Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 23.49.52.png

:facepalm: :facepalm:
Don't we have a "Dunce" emoticon somewhere here for the author of this report?

My response to the "author" at WormholeRiders:
Sir, which sci-fi shows are YOU not watching and thus boycotting at the moment, hmm??? Did you perhaps cause "V" to be cancelled and "Fringe" to almost not be renewed. Or was it some other one...? You hater!! :roll:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Another Fantastic one:

Alex at WHR said:
I was at the 2009 Stargate con. I saw and overheard the SGA fanatics plotting when Martin Gero was on stage. They got up by the hundreds grumbling that he had canceled Atlantis and walked out of the room acting like spoiled brats. I was shocked that any Stargate person would be treated so rudely at a convention.

Geez, every person who was ever at SGUS must have gone to that particular con. I bet that was Dragoncon as well, such a well known con for "scandalous actions directed at the SGU people"
Funny though, the first I read about these "angry SGA fans" doing anything at DC like this is from BS posted by A WHR team member over on GW......... :D

G

Graybrew1

From the report:

View attachment 4551

The commentaries:

View attachment 4552

View attachment 4553

View attachment 4554

View attachment 4555

View attachment 4556

My response to the "author" at WormholeRiders: Sir, which sci-fi shows are YOU not
watching and thus boycotting at the moment, hmm??? Did you perhaps cause "V" to be cancelled and "Fringe" to almost not be renewed. Or was it some other one...? You hater!!
:roll:

Yes, it seems somebody somewhere is always boycotting something!

Darn it, I did not realize it was my responsibility to watch everything. :eek: :biggrin:

Green for that.

And the ironic thing is, most here still WATCHED the shows, if only to pick them apart. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Here's another one:

@WHR said:
In 2010 at San Diego when they did not get the SGA star they wanted in the show they conspired in local restaurant to verbally attack the Stargate Universe people at the Creation Stargate con in November. It was a large group of people I know from on-line forums and Twitter. They expressed glee at killing SGU and were sure they would get the SGA movie once they *taught MGM and Syfy a lesson*. They were just plain wrong.

LMFAO!!!

G

Graybrew1

Here's another one:

LMFAO!!!

My question is , How does he know these people from online forums and Twitter in person? Are there conventions you are all having that I have not been invited too? :bradcry: :icon_razz:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
My question is , How does he know these people from online forums and Twiter in person? Are there conventions you are all having that I have not been invited too? :bradcry: :icon_razz:

There is only one answer to that question my dear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlNrtcPCLw

heisenberg

Earl Grey
From the report:

View attachment 4551

The commentaries:

View attachment 4552

View attachment 4553

View attachment 4554

View attachment 4555

View attachment 4556

My response to the "author" at WormholeRiders:
Sir, which sci-fi shows are YOU not watching and thus boycotting at the moment, hmm??? Did you perhaps cause "V" to be cancelled and "Fringe" to almost not be renewed. Or was it some other one...? You hater!! :roll:

hahahaha! Well put:lol:.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yes, it seems somebody somewhere is always boycotting something!

Darn it, I did not realize it was my responsibility to watch everything. :eek: :biggrin:

Green for that.

And the ironic thing is, most here still WATCHED the shows, if only to pick them apart. ;)

too true! :lol:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Gosh! some really dumb comments on that website. I've commented it would be interesting if he approves my comment or not :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Gosh! some really dumb comments on that website. I've commented it would be interesting if he approves my comment or not :P

Doubtful, they (WHR) censor freaking damn near everything and publish BS. Seriously, they denied a comment because someone from the UK wouldn't "understand US Demographics", yet print unsubstantiated garbage like there was a huge conspiracy to upset SGU at Dragoncon??. I mean, claims like 2 million people watched if you included illegal streaming?? How the hell do you determine any kind of accurate numbers for illegal streaming?? I bet if Craig commented that SGU would have needed 2.5 mill rather than 2 mill L+7 in his response to the fans, WHR would have reported that "including illegal downloads the viewership was at 2.5 million":facepalm:

95% of people know that 54% of statistics are made up on the spot, but at WHR, your almost assured at 100% BS success rate........ :laughing:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
And it gets even better:
Chevron Atlantis said:
@WR_Systems I don’t now how a couple of hundred registered people on SGUS website influenced the drop in ratings for the show. Brad Wright told us not to watch so we didn’t well I tried to give the show a chance but it was far too boring and there was a lack of chemistry as well between the character. SGU was just poorly written and not many people were interested in it. You forget that since SGU had such high production cost not even getting 1.6 million viewers would have been enough for it to receive a renewal it needed something like 2 million viewers at least and no there is nothing wrong with the ratings system the drop were across all of the countries around the world.
So don’t blame the haters for SGU’s demise

Which was responded to thusly:

Marty at WHR said:
You people should read what WormholeRiders actually said: “ridiculous boycott of the Stargate Universe program which doomed the wonderful series on Syfy and hence contributed to the end of the entire MGM Stargate franchise itself”
Can you read and understand English? The operative words :
1. Boycott
2. Hence
3. Contributed
Several people here admitted to being part of the boycott. I know people who bragged about it on Twitter. The boycott did “contribute” . Now lets also do what was asked, have a moment for respect for the hundreds of people who lost their jobs because of the boycott which “contributed” to it.
Thank you

to which was added by WHR:

Kenn@WHR said:
Thank Marty for pointing that out. WHR never said anything other than "contributed" and the boycott did make a negative contribution.
As we know, people sometimes forget how to read instead seeing "red" when they are upset. Trying to defend wrong doing like the anti SGU crowd who went around attacking people on Facebook, Twitter, at conventions and illegally downloading is not acceptable behavior under any circumstances.
Of interest is that the Syfy boycott people are not the only one's who were illegally downloading. We published a link to the definitive industry analysis on the subject months ago. It is at epidemic proportions so I will include it again in the article going out tomorrow night about how to support science fiction television in a positive manner. It has already worked for Chuck, Fringe and Sanctuary. It was working for SGU too, just not fast enough to save the show.
The liquidation is a message to fans just like "SK" said: "If people don't support the show we DO have, no news ones will be made".
Chuck is saved, Fringe is saved and Sanctuary is up ~600,000 viewers in the USA in only a few weeks thanks to breaking the boycott. We all have more to "contribute" to support the shows we love. If SGU gave us nothing else it is proof that boycott's are not helpful. We will share about our contribution to the fans with what the plan has been for a long time posting tomorrow night for all to enjoy.
Until then: Peace.
Thanks for stopping by.
Best Regards
Kenn

Dear gods, I just don't know what to say to this.:facepalm:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I don't think that people were boycotting SGU. If they didn't like it, they didn't watch it, which isn't a boycott, at least not by any definition with which I am familiar.

Does my not watching The Mentalist or The Good Wife count as a boycott if I don't watch them because I don't like them?

That seems to be the point of these people.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't think that people were boycotting SGU. If they didn't like it, they didn't watch it, which isn't a boycott, at least not by any definition with which I am familiar.

Does my not watching The Mentalist or The Good Wife count as a boycott if I don't watch them because I don't like them?

That seems to be the point of these people.

You would think so, yet if that were actually the case, there would be no need to bring up "secret meetings in pubs to discredit SGU" or "organised public protests" against Marty Gero etc.
It's an opinion peice masquerading as a news report (the sale of stargate props etc), then using filtering of comments to project the best view *for them*. Although Chevrons post was not "awesome" (no offence dude) there was enough substance there to make a case, yet it was casually ignored by Kenn, once more to further the "positive only" agenda, and quite frankly, it's pathetic. Perhaps they need to add another word to thier lexicon, CONTEXT.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Are we sure that wasn't some sort of comic parody article?