Brian J Smith

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks SerenityS, I tried to upload on Friday but I was having trouble logging in. I'm equally impressed. He didn't offend or speak out of turn once. The boy is growing up, perhaps He has learned alot about interviews.

Sorry about Friday...this place with struggling with excessive traffic on that day. A new record has been set. As far as Brian, I have more respect for him now after this interview. Also, Sherry has been keeping her mouth shut. A BIG plus.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Sorry about Friday...this place with struggling with excessive traffic on that day. A new record has been set. As far as Brian, I have more respect for him now after this interview. Also, Sherry has been keeping her mouth shut. A BIG plus.

That must have been an unpleasant conversation if he had to tell her to back off. We haven't heard a peep from her in months. SGU must have been part of the flavor of the month and she has moved on to other things.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

That must have been an unpleasant conversation if he had to tell her to back off. We haven't heard a peep from her in months. SGU must have been part of the flavor of the month and she has moved on to other things.

I think Brian got a clue...

Im certain Mommy Dearest was whining about her home in Malibu and probably borrowing money for rum and he may have gotten sick of it. Dont know anything for sure, but Brian sounds like he has decided to man up. :)

Lilith

GateFans Noob

Im certain Mommy Dearest was whining about her home in Malibu and probably borrowing money for rum and he may have gotten sick of it. Dont know anything for sure, but Brian sounds like he has decided to man up. :)

My thoughts exactly. He has reached a new level of maturity. Perhaps all he needed was A- get away from mommy or B- get away from tPTB and their mind control games.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Thanks SerenityS, I tried to upload on Friday but I was having trouble logging in. I'm equally impressed. He didn't offend or speak out of turn once. The boy is growing up, perhaps He has learned alot about interviews.

I too was pleasantly surprised!

Totally forgot about his 'mom'. Hope she has been behaving herself and keeping well.

Methinks he's been weaned! ;)

I bet he cut the apron strings. and she is still howling about it!

My thoughts exactly. He has reached a new level of maturity. Perhaps all he needed was A- get away from mommy or B- get away from tPTB and their mind control games.

I too agree that he sounds more mature...something tells me that sgu was a real "learning" experieince for him... a maturing event. Good for him for finally figuring it out! ;)

SerenityS

GateFans Member
From another interview with BGS:

BJS:I just wanted Scott to have a more defined and inclusive role in what happened in the story,and I actually think most of the cast felt that way about their own characters at some point.It’s not about screen-time or stuff like that,but I think we could have explored the unique talents of the crew and really put those talents to use so that if something happened to someone, their death wouldn’t just have sentimental value but would actually be crippling to the mission.I’m not saying he should save the day every time,but I always wondered what his critical contribution was and I think fans did too.I remember once at a convention or something some guy came up and was like,“I don’t think you’re a bad actor, but I don’t get Scott.He doesn’t do anything useful.”I can’t say I disagree.I don’t think emotional impact is enough. They really did a bang up job handling the death of Riley and making his death and the way he died important in the unraveling of Colonel Young.I always had the uneasy feeling that if Scott died,sure the crew would be sad for a few episodes, but ultimately there wasn’t anything that he was doing that fifteen other people couldn’t do just as well, if not better.It wouldn’t have affected the course of the mission.And yeah, looking back on it,I’d consider that to be a problem.But I was confident going into Season 3 that this would start to shift, but as you know we nevergot to explore it further.I honestly thought the show went out with a whimper,and it’s a shame because there was so much left undone.

AK: Science fiction fans have been known for their passion for genre entertainment.What initial concerns did you have from this and how would you describe your overall interaction with the fandom. BJS:I didn’t have any concerns about it initially because I had no idea what I was getting myself into.Ignorance is bliss,I guess.That being said I enjoyed most of the interactions I had with Stargate fans particularly those who embraced SGU and were supportive of us from the beginning.I think SGU fans felt very protective of the show,like they had to stand up for it and they even stood up for us,which is no easy feat when some dude dressed as a Gauold or Wraith or whatever is waving a staff at you and telling you that you have terrible taste.​

Tropicana

Council Member
I think SGU fans felt very protective of the show,like they had to stand up for it and they even stood up for us,which is no easy feat when some dude dressed as a Gauold or Wraith or whatever is waving a staff at you and telling you that you have terrible taste.

That's pretty funny (for me anyway), cos the only type of dressing up I do is business suits. If I ever dress up as a Goa'uld or Wraith, boy that would be the day, lol.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That's pretty funny (for me anyway), cos the only type of dressing up I do is business suits. If I ever dress up as a Goa'uld or Wraith, boy that would be the day, lol.

why does the idea of you dressed as Apophis seem like something you WOULD do? ;)