Brad Wright really believes that investors will fill the financial gap left by Syfy? Just LOL!

THX1138

GateFans Member
Given how Brad Wright has screwed the franchise, I wonder if Jonathan Glassner would be willing to reboot the franchise sometime done the road.

Brad & Coop screwed the franchise ;)

I'm not sure he'd come back, people tend not to want to go back in creative endeavours they want to go forward.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think even sooner!

He is promising and promoting DVD movies again? :facepalm:
I think he is just babbling and lying anyway and has no plans other than trying to appease people until something else comes along. My bets are that before the end of 2011 the SGU sets will be torn down.

I think that will happen even sooner than that! Bridge Studios have the largest FX stage in all of North America, including anything in the US. MGM is paying scads of money to keep that space for the SGU sets, and nothing is coming in to offset the cost of that. I think that the new MGM will nip that drain in the bud and have them torn down sooner than that. But we have the last 10 episodes to deal with. :icon_mad:. I dont see where it makes sense to air them in the regular schedule...why not blow them all out like they are going to do Craprica?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It doesn't take long for sets to be pulled down. Props from one set are often used in another production. In my family, it's almost turned into a game...

"Hey, wasn't that piece of furniture/fireplace/sculpture used in <insert dead program name here>?"

Set space is at a premium and a production house cannot afford to leave sets lying fallow. It's not good business sense at all.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It doesn't take long for sets to be pulled down. Props from one set are often used in another production. In my family, it's almost turned into a game...

"Hey, wasn't that piece of furniture/fireplace/sculpture used in <insert dead program name here>?"

Set space is at a premium and a production house cannot afford to leave sets lying fallow. It's not good business sense at all.

We used to play a game at this one job I had where we would try to spot our merchandise in certain TNG/DS9/STV episodes. They had a thing for using candle holders as drinking glasses. They also did creative things with CD holders, turning them into "control panels" and stuff like that.

And yeah, I'd say the clock is ticking on the SGU sets. There's probably a procedure for tearing sets down once a show has been axed. I just don't see them being kept in storage until the end of the final 10 episodes.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They could raise cash for the show by selling tickets for people to take a swing at the sets with a sledge hammer. I would buy into that for sure. :D

If they made Brad Wright stand off to the side and watch as we demolished the sets I would pay extra!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Let me do it with kinos!

They could raise cash for the show by selling tickets for people to take a swing at the sets with a sledge hammer. I would buy into that for sure. :D

I would love to use those kinos and throw them through the plywood walls of the corridors. Better yet, dislodge the SGU gate from its base and roll the damned thing through the set like a bulldozer. :icon_lol: Or, take the scale model of the Destiny (is there one?) and since its shaped like a sickle blade, use it to slice the consoles and smash those poorly disguised TV screens they are using for computer displays. :)

Sg1stillbest

GateFans Noob
Glassner just might...

Given how Brad Wright has screwed the franchise, I wonder if Jonathan Glassner would be willing to reboot the franchise sometime done the road.

I've met Glassner before. He mentioned how awful he thinks SGU is, but he keeps it to himself because he still considers BW a friend. He thinks the whole franchise turned into a bad Galactica imitation that has little to do with Stargate.

Maybe we should start a "Draft Glassner" campaign with MGM or SYFY.

ApophisRulez93

GateFans Noob
I've met Glassner before. He mentioned how awful he thinks SGU is, but he keeps it to himself because he still considers BW a friend. He thinks the whole franchise turned into a bad Galactica imitation that has little to do with Stargate.

you might be eligible for the greatest bullshitter prize of the year.

SerenityS

GateFans Member

He probably loves the concept of the Stargate and the stories that can be told with it. SGU must have been a bitter pill to swallow, seeing it taints the Stargate "universe" and legacy so badly.​