Boardwalk Empire

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Dude, I loved this last episode. It was NOT Boredom Empire. WHY can't they have this kind of writing caliber in every episode or, at least, most of the season?
dude dont ask me WHY theyd need FILLER(S) episodes in a 12 ep season.... seems like the same ol same ol standard made for TV BS theyve been slinging for the past .. i donno.. 50 years?

ie make the last and first ep of each seaosn a 2 part movie and the rest just boring filler... even sons has one or 2 boring eps per season tho that show seems more along the likes of atleast a 10h movie if the filler was cut..

but YES more of this weeks episode please!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
dude dont ask me WHY theyd need FILLER(S) episodes in a 12 ep season.... seems like the same ol same ol standard made for TV BS theyve been slinging for the .. i donno.. 50 years?

ie make the last and first ep of each seaosn a 2 part movie and the rest just boring filler... even sons has one or 2 boring eps per season tho that show seems more alongg the likes of atleast a 10h movie if the ffiller was cut..

I can understand fillers in a typical 20-22 episode season, but, for a season that only has 11 to 13 episodes?!? Where's the logic in that?

OMNI

I can understand fillers in a typical 20-22 episode season, but, for a season that only has 11 to 13 episodes?!? Where's the logic in that?
donno man i really dont... can we blame it on writer retardedness? or inability to come up with something more and spanning cross multiple episodes?

or is it a marketing ploy to shove in as many elemnts in there as possible to attract a wider audience even tho said inserted material is pointless slow and boring? (im thinking of "the margret shroeder story" here which has to this day served no purpose what so ever beyond annoy and bore)such as establishing its a "time" piece and back then women had no rights etc...
--- merged: Nov 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM ---
and WTF happened to Chalky's story? they seemed to touch on that some but then just left it in favor of margrets snoredom.. frankly afro 'merican life and stuff back then is a far more intresting subject to me then privlaged womens rights movements and crap that ive heard a million and one times already..

Bluce Ree

donno man i really dont... can we blame it on writer retardedness? or inability to come up with something more and spanning cross multiple episodes?

or is it a marketing ploy to shove in as many elemnts in there as possible to attract a wider audience even tho said inserted material is pointless slow and boring? (im thinking of "the margret shroeder story" here which has to this day served no purpose what so ever beyond annoy and bore)such as establishing its a "time" piece and back then women had no rights etc...
--- merged: Nov 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM ---
and WTF happened to Chalky's story? they seemed to touch on that some but then just left it in favor of margrets snoredom.. frankly afro 'merican life and stuff back then is a far more intresting subject to me then privlaged womens rights movements and crap that ive heard a million and one times already..

There's a perfect example of why I'm confused by those idiotic "filler" episodes on an HBO series. Chalky's got more interesting untold story than that whole stupidity with Margaret and Jimmy's mom's incestuous obsession with her dead son. Yeah, I get it, they want to shock audiences but they're going in the wrong direction with those fillers. Margaret's story is only worth about 2 minutes of every episode they spent on her. There was no need to stretch out that story with so much writing.

OMNI

There's a perfect example of why I'm confused by those idiotic "filler" episodes on an HBO series. Chalky's got more interesting untold story than that whole stupidity with Margaret and Jimmy's mom's incestuous obsession with her dead son. Yeah, I get it, they want to shock audiences but they're going in the wrong direction with those fillers. Margaret's story is only worth about 2 minutes of every episode they spent on her. There was no need to stretch out that story with so much writing.
couldnt agree more..

and what the hell after 3 seasons people are still around and i dont even know their f'cking names or what boss of what are they are in... talk about NOT using every character even ONCE and showing their POV or atleast giving us a chance to learn a bit more about them then their name (which might be mentioned once no more)...

OMNI

so S3 wrapped... bloody in places.. overall it was neat but i dont like when they time jump as they did here, breaking bad's last season suffered the same thing and for me when that happens it just kinda pulls me out of the world and experience of the show...

so will there be a season 4? or is this all we get?

Bluce Ree

so S3 wrapped... bloody in places.. overall it was neat but i dont like when they time jump as they did here, breaking bad's last season suffered the same thing and for me when that happens it just kinda pulls me out of the world and experience of the show...

so will there be a season 4? or is this all we get?

There's a season 4. It's HBO's baby right now.

Bluce Ree

OMG is this show BORING!! About 20 minutes into the S4 premier, I had to resist the urge to run down to the 24 hour Walmart, acquire a gun and hold the barrel end in my mouth.

OMNI

OMG is this show BORING!! About 20 minutes into the S4 premier, I had to resist the urge to run down to the 24 hour Walmart, acquire a gun and hold the barrel end in my mouth.
agreed! i hit the ff button 4-5 times during the episode...