Boardwalk Empire

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
So i got my ass in gear and saw the first episode just now with the mrs who is a huge fan of the time period this show plays out in and i think im sold, previous to this i had only seen sporadic views of diffrent episodes ie 3 min here 2 min there etc and it didnt tikle my fancy as such but now giving it a whirl from the start yeah i think im going to like this and so does Mrs Omni. :)

OMNI

also if there already is a thread for this i couldnt find it for reasons already bitched about :rolleyes:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
You may like it but, be warned, it gets slower every season. Season 3 is so damned slow I can't even sit through an entire episode without surfing the channel guide while it plays in the corner. I'm hanging on only because of its Sopranos familiarity, which I miss. They should have renamed the show in Season 3 to Boredom Empire.

OMNI

You may like it but, be warned, it gets slower every season. Season 3 is so damned slow I can't even sit through an entire episode without surfing the channel guide while it plays in the corner. I'm hanging on only because of its Sopranos familiarity, which I miss. They should have renamed the show in Season 3 to Boredom Empire.
warning duly noted but so far (on ep 6 season1) it works for me and more importantly it works for Mrs Omni who for months has given me the Evil eye for not catering to her entertainment needs instead prioratising my own and acquiring what i want too see first tho imo she is obnoxiously hard to please :rolleyes: in this area so the blame for that isnt all mine (whistles innocently) but yeah its something we can watch toghether and something i havnt seen but if it indeed turns into boredom empire you can be sure ill be the first one to bitch about it LOUDLY and on this forum ;)

Bluce Ree

warning duly noted but so far (on ep 6 season1) it works for me and more importantly it works for Mrs Omni who for months has given me the Evil eye for not catering to her entertainment needs instead prioratising my own and acquiring what i want too see first tho imo she is obnoxiously hard to please :rolleyes: in this area so the blame for that isnt all mine (whistles innocently) but yeah its something we can watch toghether and something i havnt seen but if it indeed turns into boredom empire you can be sure ill be the first one to bitch about it LOUDLY and on this forum ;)

I hope the show works for you. The fact that both you and Mrs. enjoy it together is a major win. It's a very well written show in spite of the fact that it gets reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow by S3 but that may just be my bias towards seeing more gangsterism in a gangster series. :(

OMNI

I hope the show works for you. The fact that both you and Mrs. enjoy it together is a major win. It's a very well written show in spite of the fact that it gets reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow by S3 but that may just be my bias towards seeing more gangsterism in a gangster series. :(
indeed, and whatever the case im seeing something new instead of rewatching SOA almost to the point were you start hating it :)
and i like more gangsterisms aswell :) and i thought sopranos was slow and boring :P

OMNI

so i caught the finale of season 2 yesterday before i passed out and i must say i did not enjoy it, and not the jimmy thing rather the annoyingly comlicated forced way they made the finale it just didnt click with me and felt more like a rewrite in order to be able to make a s3 and as such you were left with WTF moments of "how the what? this didnt make sense"

imo season 1 was by far the superior one, guess ill have more to say as i dive head first into s3.

Bluce Ree

so i caught the finale of season 2 yesterday before i passed out and i must say i did not enjoy it, and not the jimmy thing rather the annoyingly comlicated forced way they made the finale it just didnt click with me and felt more like a rewrite in order to be able to make a s3 and as such you were left with WTF moments of "how the what? this didnt make sense"

imo season 1 was by far the superior one, guess ill have more to say as i dive head first into s3.

I'm telling you, every season is a step down. :D

S1 ----|
.........S2 ----|
..................S3

OMNI

Catch up on S3. Until last week's episode, it was putting me in a vegetative state for an hour every Sunday.
checked out a couplke trailers on s3. it dont eem un eventfull but it doesnt seem very eventfull either.. ill file my report once im caught up.

OMNI

btw im curious why would jimmy asume nockie hadnt killed anyone before? he was after all the sheriff and underboss to the commadore for quite a while...

OMNI

Bluce S3 boring? f'cking liar!! i just caught episode 8 and it ended on a high point to say the least.

tho i do see your point as i personally dont give two shits about the Margret Shroeder story, Nucky's lovelife nor the sick twisted manipulative bitch Jimmys mother is and those scenes have dominated much of the season, still tho im quite fond of Nucky's newfound inner gangster and that whole arc :)

anyway show is def worth the watch and onward to ep 9.

Bluce Ree

btw im curious why would jimmy asume nockie hadnt killed anyone before? he was after all the sheriff and underboss to the commadore for quite a while...

Because, if he hadn't, then they couldn't have given him that super cool line the writers wanted to have him say.

Bluce Ree

Bluce S3 boring? f'cking liar!! i just caught episode 8 and it ended on a high point to say the least.

tho i do see your point as i personally dont give two shits about the Margret Shroeder story, Nucky's lovelife nor the sick twisted manipulative bitch Jimmys mother is and those scenes have dominated much of the season, still tho im quite fond of Nucky's newfound inner gangster and that whole arc :)

anyway show is def worth the watch and onward to ep 9.

To me, it only picked up in the last 2 eps. It's about time Nucky acts more like the gangster he is.

OMNI

To me, it only picked up in the last 2 eps. It's about time Nucky acts more like the gangster he is.
agreed it is when shit started happening atlast, the rest has been the margret shroeder story.. kinda similar to breaking bad whenever skyler is on screen i sort of glaze over and go into a coma :D

tho i will say that watching this as ive been doing iea many eps a day instead of weekly it flows a little better but still has its straight out dull parts for sure.

Bluce Ree

agreed it is when shit started happening atleast the rest has been the margret shroeder story.. kinda similar to breaking bad whenever skyler is on screen i sort of glaze over and go into a coma :D

I'm gonna miss that show! I still haven't caught up on S5.1 yet.

OMNI

I'm gonna miss that show! I still haven't caught up on S5.1 yet.
5.1 felt a little like a cop out to me but yeah youll see for yourself whne you get access to it which should be soon right? considering it finished airing months ago now..

Bluce Ree

5.1 felt a little like a cop out to me but yeah youll see for yourself whne you get access to it which should be soon right? considering it finished airing months ago now..

There are a few spots I can catch them online for free but I don't really like watching shows on my laptop. Even though my smart TV runs Linux (imagine that :D) the built-in browser is incapable of Flash.