Blood And Chrome

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
expect a drasticly lower and ugglier production value then the TV show tho, both when it comes to FX, Acting and story.

OMNI

is it just me or is it uggly as shit with this obnoxious overuse of colors to sell the mood of a scene? pink purple red and yellow and blue.. all overdone and over used... f'cking drexler... it isnt good looking ffs... :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's not just you. The graphics look dreadful - like something on a game console. In fact all the scenes have bad CGI in that the "fakeness" is apparent to the eye (mine at least).

OMNI

It's not just you. The graphics look dreadful - like something on a game console. In fact all the scenes have bad CGI in that the "fakeness" is apparent to the eye (mine at least).
glad im not alone on here.
a friend of mine put it like this: with this visual style BSG has lost its dark feel and style. and i very much agree with him.
Note this friend was mostly responsible for the look and feel of the CGI in nuBSG seasons 1-3.

OMNI

i just think it looks awful... ffs BSG isnt suposed to be pink/purple and light blue... EVERYWHERE.. its soposed to be harsh dark and military looking... just "facepalm"
but i will be seeing this on friday if only so i can rip it to shreads on here.

OMNI

Pink purple and light blue? really?.. sigh.

EEEEW.jpg

this is a screengrab off the trailer and it pretty much contains all the visual elements im hating with the style of the FX and omg it looks so fake and VERY 1992 in the world of 3D VFX ie babylon 5... come one b5 qual/look CG in 2012?? just.. :facepalm:

so is it safe to say we will get the same kind of rampant fanboy-ism on this as we did SGU? id say its pretty much asured..

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So your friend works with ZOIC? My understanding was that ZOIC did the NuBSG CGI.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

How much you want to bet that this is released as a game? I would bet my left testicle on it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'd wonder about the person that would take you up on such a bet...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'd wonder about the person that would take you up on such a bet...

WHEN the game comes out, I wont have to worry bout that, right? :anim_35:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Cool! So she did the effects herself or directed ZOIC on their creation?

OMNI

Cool! So she did the effects herself or directed ZOIC on their creation?
its a he and no not on his own as its stil a team and work on tv shows is often outsourced to cg vendors but id like to claim he is indeed what gave BSG its look for the most part. and after his exit in s3 it kinda showed on the qual of the fx imo anyway.

also zoic may have been the main vendor but many other companies have had sequences and stuff handed to them, just as was done with the SG tv series were it was rainmaker handling most then the inhouse team etcand a wide range of vendors both large and small along with a shittonne of freelancers for various things.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting. Sorry about the gender mixup on that.

OMNI

Interesting. Sorry about the gender mixup on that.
indeed the way CG works for thiese kinds of things and cg/vfx in general is actually quite confusing though the reason for this is as it allways is and as it is with everything today the dollar decides and rules all as such its cheeper to outsource stuff and also faster but what we get as the consumer is a clusterfrak such as was the case with Stargte where we got inconsistencies in our CG were in one ep it would be so and so in the next completly oposite and have models such as atlantis or the deadalus look diffrent from shot to shot under the guise of "the viewers are to stupid to notice".

also no need to apologize its easy enough to get confused with a name like that.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Eh. I'm probably going to wait until it's released as a whole and not bother with the whole 10-minute webisode. I'm in no real hurry to watch this since it's not going to be made into a full either way.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Eh. I'm probably going to wait until it's released as a whole and not bother with the whole 10-minute webisode. I'm in no real hurry to watch this since it's not going to be made into a full either way.

I'm so confused now (more than usual I admit). So...is B&C going to be a TV show or isn't it?

OMNI

I'm so confused now (more than usual I admit). So...is B&C going to be a TV show or isn't it?
NO. and it wasn never intended to be anything more then a cheap webseries that IF popular enough might have been made inte a cheap syfy series.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
NO. and it wasn never intended to be anything more then a cheap webseries that IF popular enough might have been made inte a cheap syfy series.

Why would anyone waste the time and effort then? That makes no sense to me. What a bunch of self-important doughnut punchers. :suspicion: