Ben Affleck as Batman -- first pic

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
3hRU6px.jpg

Lightened version:

rp8KLWD.jpg

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Second pic should've been a zoomed in pic of his bulge. Cool they went with TDKR suit. Here's some coloured versions:
gray suit.jpg
bats.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Second pic should've been a zoomed in pic of his bulge. Cool they went with TDKR suit. Here's some coloured versions:
View attachment 29937 View attachment 29938

:smiley-laughing024::rotflmao::lol:

Youre right. They "enhanced" every muscle group on his body...his arms, chest, abs, and yeah, his package too! They want to cover all bases, I guess. :happy0007: Still, he does look very badass in that suit. It looks more formidable than any previous Batman suit I can remember. Les superhero and more vigilante. But as we all know, slick looking movies and characters are not going to make up for a bullshit story and lame cliches.

Is it gonna be a good Batman, or just Bat Guano?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The fake musculature is just dumb I think. There's no way Ben Affleck/Bruce Wayne is that buff under the suit. Unless there's a technical reason for the musculature and vascularity of the suit then it's just pointless.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well, we know Bale got buff for the part. We saw him shirtless. They probably won't be doing the same with Affleck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, we know Bale got buff for the part. We saw him shirtless. They probably won't be doing the same with Affleck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying Affleck couldn't have bulked up for the part, but I'm not really seeing it. To me it looks like the costume is adding the muscled effect. Look at his quads and tell me if you think those are real in the Batman pic.

upload_2014-5-16_12-58-43.jpeg
ben-affleck-shirtless.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I liked the recent round of batman because they showed him more of a regular guy (yes rich and well trained) then some person who had superhuman "comic book" like powers

I seem to remember the Morgan Freeman character giving explanations for most of the suit and it's appearances but now I only remember about the ears

Will they make this batman a super hero comic book type or stick with the awesomely trained and funded regular guy?

Is he going to be an adversary of Superman or an ally?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not saying Affleck couldn't have bulked up for the part, but I'm not really seeing it. To me it looks like the costume is adding the muscled effect. Look at his quads and tell me if you think those are real in the Batman pic.

View attachment 29941
ben-affleck-shirtless.jpg

That is DEFINITELY not Affleck sporting those muscles suggested by the suit. It is a 100% CGI created suit (like Iron Man), including the cape. Not sure about the mask.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/zack-...k-at-ben-affleck-batman-and-the-new-batmobile

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually the suit in Batman Begins looks like a special combat suit built by a vigilante and not a superhero costume.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually the suit in Batman Begins looks like a special combat suit built by a vigilante and not a superhero costume.

Isn't that how it was explained? Or at least the material used? That it was designed for a military contract by Wayne industries?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Isn't that how it was explained? Or at least the material used? That it was designed for a military contract by Wayne industries?

Yep. You even see the suit evolve over the course of the film as Wayne and Alfred acquire more equipment clandestinely.

B

Backstep

Batman looking for Matt Damon, can't find his little buddy, having a sad :moody:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep. You even see the suit evolve over the course of the film as Wayne and Alfred acquire more equipment clandestinely.

Yeah that's right--didn't we see him painting the suit from like OD green to black?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes we do. The showing of exactly how the Batman equipment comes about is a strong point of Batman Begins.