Bellflower (Firefly fan film)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
as most of you know i am not a whedon fan nor am i a firefly fan but as many of you are i figured id post this, some aquantaces were involved with the CG for it so its kinda nice but overall the acting and cinematogaphy is awfull imo, anyway i didnt post it for myself so have at it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oev_dnxGaSI​

OMG! This was VERY good! Very Firefly, without BEING Firefly. The set is inventive, the music well balanced and the visuals excellent! Very impressive. Are there more of these?

OMNI

OMG! This was VERY good! Very Firefly, without BEING Firefly. The set is inventive, the music well balanced and the visuals excellent! Very impressive. Are there more of these?
are you toasted atm or did you just hit your head? the acting and those scenes are horrible.... but yes the cg usic and overall feel is firefly sure.. but the acting man....

and yes there ar emore eps tho last i heard they were being edited, if you want i can post once they are up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
are you toasted atm or did you just hit your head? the acting and those scenes are horrible.... but yes the cg usic and overall feel is firefly sure.. but the acting man....

and yes there ar emore eps tho last i heard they were being edited, if you want i can post once they are up.

I know...cardboard boxes, amateur acting, but I went in expecting a fan film and rarely are they ever as good as anything production grade. My benchmark is still Star Trek Phase II for live action. But this captured that Firefly feel, and I could imagine them on that ship. Compare it to Stargate Universe Distant Hope and even though the visuals in SGU:DH are good, there is no story and you never believe he is on another planet or on Destiny or Icarus. I was impressed with the delivery of that crappy acting. :)

OMNI

I know...cardboard boxes, amateur acting, but I went in expecting a fan film and rarely are they ever as good as anything production grade. My benchmark is still Star Trek Phase II for live action. But this captured that Firefly feel, and I could imagine them on that ship. Compare it to Stargate Universe Distant Hope and even though the visuals in SGU:DH are good, there is no story and you never believe he is on another planet or on Destiny or Icarus. I was impressed with the delivery of that crappy acting. :)
to each their own then i guess, i was just expecting you to tare it to shreads :D

anyway once i see the new eps uploaded i will update the first post by adding them!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The acting was pretty flat but the visuals were nice. As to Firefly feel I would need to see more of it.

As to the SGU fanflick, I think the ones Overmind did a bit back were better (especially the speculation about how Eli survived)....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I dunno. Seems real cheesy. The "cliffhanger" reminds me of a bad action show from the 70's where we have a main character fall from a skyscraper, the camera follows his dive down 50 stories and they freeze the scene when his face is a foot from the sidewalk and they tell you "tune in next week to find out what happens".