Being Human American Version

G

Graybrew1

I just watched this season premiere last night. It was pretty good. I really will be happier once they get to a point where Josh's life is not constantly in danger because of the other vampires. The Sally storyline was a bit sappy. Aidan kicked some major ass. Overall a good entertaining show. Not Scifi, but I liked it.

B

Backstep

Being Human on syfy is ok, i still prefer the bbc version. The metaphors of the characters are Vampire= addiction, Werewolf= anger and the Ghost= your conscience. It would change the premise of the show if the Vampires were to leave Josh alone imo. The rest i agree.

G

Graybrew1

Being Human on syfy is ok, i still prefer the bbc version. The metaphors of the characters are Vampire= addiction, Werewolf= anger and the Ghost= your conscience. It would change the premise of the show if the Vampires were to leave Josh alone imo. The rest i agree.

Fair enough. I don't really like the actor that plays Josh on this version and he is starting to come off as whiny about the vampires.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm assuming that "Josh" is the American version of George, right?

What is the problem with the original British version names?

I don't watch the American version, and am fairly certain that the show isn't going to do well at all now that Mitchell is gone.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The SyFy version of Being Human pales in comparison to the BBC version. I think it was enormously pointless of them to recreate the entire series when the English speaking version already exits and has been seen by many people recently. We're not talking about a show that's been gone for 20 years or one that hasn't been viewed here in America. Lame no matter how you slice it, especially how they are trying, desperately, to change the story lines from the British version but fail in the attempt. I'm smirking at their introduction of the "Queen" vampire as if we're not to notice that they're ripping off several other current vampire incarnations (Anne Rice, True Blood, etc.).

G

Graybrew1

Come on Kids, are you not as desperate for something to watch on TV as I am?
I watch them both, I enjoy finding the differences in them. I like the actor that plays Josh on the American version better so far.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watch them both, I enjoy finding the differences in them. I like the actor that plays Josh on the American version better so far.
There is very little on Siffy anymore that I have any interest in watching. Their version of Being Human isn't on that list.

Currently on my list are:

Eureka
Sanctuary
(but if Biggie is now gone, so am I)
Lost Girl

Nothing else has interest for me.

G

Graybrew1

There is very little on Siffy anymore that I have any interest in watching. Their version of Being Human isn't on that list.

Currently on my list are:

Eureka
Sanctuary
(but if Biggie is now gone, so am I)
Lost Girl

Nothing else has interest for me.

Sad to hear, but to each his own.
I would add WH13 to that list. I admit it is not Scifi but none of them really are true Scifi anymore to me.

B

Backstep

TBTH I rarely watch the syfy channel, there is honestly nothing on there i like now. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy. Ghost, Wrestling, soap-fi, Supernatural and reality shows are not my cuppa. IMO proper Sci-Fi is and will always be King. BBC Being Human drew me in with the superb writing, acting and story line, drama done correct. To me Russell (George) made the show with all his quirky mannerisms.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
TBTH I rarely watch the syfy channel, there is honestly nothing on there i like now. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy. Ghost, Wrestling, soap-fi, Supernatural and reality shows are not my cuppa. IMO proper Sci-Fi is and will always be King. BBC Being Human drew me in with the superb writing, acting and story line, drama done correct. To me Russell (George) made the show with all his quirky mannerisms.

I've pretty much deleted Syfylys from my channel favorites.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

This. The rest of the British cast is good too. The original can't be beat and I find it a little insulting that they even tried with the SyFy version.

And I'm sorry but "Josh", the guy who plays the werewolf on the SyFy version is a horrendous actor. He's completely miscast for the role. He's not worthy of carrying Russel Tovey's Kleenex.

G

Graybrew1

This. The rest of the British cast is good too. The original can't be beat and I find it a little insulting that they even tried with the SyFy version.

And I'm sorry but "Josh", the guy who plays the werewolf on the SyFy version is a horrendous actor. He's completely miscast for the role. He's not worthy of carrying Russel Tovey's Kleenex.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
He makes me laugh. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
He makes me laugh. :D

Russel Tovey is the only one for the role. Don't make me call a Council meeting! :mad:

G

Graybrew1

Russel Tovey is the only one for the role. Don't make me call a Council meeting! :mad:

I like them both in different ways, the American version has only had one season to show what it can do. ;)
Bring it Big Man, I have been in battle mode for a few days now. :P

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

You can call council meetings? Who is running this place? :P :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
G

Graybrew1

I have called my own Council meeting and the vote was unanimous -- YOU'RE ALL BANNED!!! :tealcanime23::icon_twisted::icon_e_surprised::tealc_newanime002:
Poor baby, I think you are delusional. Must be from the immense loss you had recently. I feel your pain.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Poor baby, I think you are delusional. Must be from the immense loss you had recently. I feel your pain.

OUCH! That really was below the belt! :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan