Awake (New NBC Series)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Didn't NBC put this show to sleep (no pun intended)? Why bother investing one's self into a show knowing it will leave you hanging permanently?

because it is very well written and has a fascinating premise. It's worth watching just for pure intellectual & entertainment value. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
that is very good news. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
okay saw thursday's ep and it was epic AND this series is getting a finale - that is how they are billing the next ep-- The Finale! yaay! will be nice to see if hubby & my theorires are confirmed! :) it's heading to quite the ending! :D

SciphonicStranger

okay saw thursday's ep and it was epic AND this series is getting a finale - that is how they are billing the next ep-- The Finale! yaay! will be nice to see if hubby & my theorires are confirmed! :) it's heading to quite the ending! :D

It sure did take a long time to copy that lease file from one computer to the other - as a computer professional that part made me blanch. :P

I'm sure we'll be left with some questions but I'm really looking forward to the finale next week. They hinted at an encounter in the preview that I can't wait to see. :cool:

SciphonicStranger

I thought the finale was beautiful. Even the scene with detective Vega in the penguin suit. :P

Loved the self interview and the doors swinging open on their own.

:daniel_new_anime021

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
"You've seen penguins before, now pay attention" (paraphrased)

Very good episode.

You do realize, don't you, that the end of the show took place in the past. It wasn't a future where everyone was still there.

Would the second season have been about him trying to solve everything BEFORE the crash and thus keep his family whole?

The kid and I were talking about that immediately after watching the finale.

SciphonicStranger

Very good episode.

You do realize, don't you, that the end of the show took place in the past. It wasn't a future where everyone was still there.

Would the second season have been about him trying to solve everything BEFORE the crash and thus keep his family whole?

Argh - now I need to watch it again. But I don't mind. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I thought the finale was beautiful. Even the scene with detective Vega in the penguin suit. :P

Loved the self interview and the doors swinging open on their own.

:daniel_new_anime021

yep i loved it as well! it was incredibly well done could easily be the set-up tot he second season. when his boss killed the other cop I nearly freaked...man she was COLD!

Very good episode.

or was he dead so he was finally "with" his family. While he was talking to the female therapist he began to "fight" the idea that reality was without one of his loved ones....then the door opened and he "went towards the light".

that is the great thing about the show- so many different interpretations of what each scene and ep means. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
In that last scene, his son was talking about starting the new school year.

yep i caught that, but then his therapist was discussing the "dream within a dream" idea-- so the viewer can basically decide what they think. It seems like a good beginning for a second season or a good ending for a show. It makes you think and that made it exceptional imho. :)