"Avengers Infinity War" trailer

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
On further thought, why didn't Doctor Strange just use the same solution he did in his own film? He controlled the Time Stone and so could have time looped Thanos easily - movie over :D

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
On further thought, why didn't Doctor Strange just use the same solution he did in his own film? He controlled the Time Stone and so could have time looped Thanos easily - movie over :D
Yeah, there are various plot holes like that in Infinity War.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, there are various plot holes like that in Infinity War.
They should never have done Thanos. I really hope we never see Galactus on screen. If they think this massive kill-off insures success for the next, I dunno! I have not yet seen this, but my friends have spoiled the hell out of this movie for me and now I am not sure I want to see it. :( I probably will.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sounds like typical Marvel sensory overload with a cliff hanger. I will wait to stream it.

I downloaded it, but I am conflicted about watching it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They should never have done Thanos. I really hope we never see Galactus on screen. If they think this massive kill-off insures success for the next, I dunno! I have not yet seen this, but my friends have spoiled the hell out of this movie for me and now I am not sure I want to see it. :( I probably will.

Basically the biggest issue is that the nature of the ending mandates a reset button in the next Avengers movie as otherwise there effectively is no "next phase" of the MCU. Not to mention GotG 3 is on deck for 2020 and as it stands the only character in it would be Rocket?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The strange thing to me was I fully expected beforehand that I would love Infinity War and not like the Doctor Strange film. Instead, I really liked Doctor Strange and am ambivalent about Infinity War.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The strange thing to me was I fully expected beforehand that I would love Infinity War and not like the Doctor Strange film. Instead, I really liked Doctor Strange and am ambivalent about Infinity War.

Doctor Strange's movies are underrated. His character is awesome!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Movies? There's only the one I know of:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Movies? There's only the one I know of:

Yes just the one. Meant to say movie! I wrote about it here when I saw it. Pleasant surprise.

I too was ambivalent about Doctor Strange beforehand, mostly because I find the character kind of odd. But I ended up really liking the movie, mostly due to Cumberbach's performance. He was a good pick for the role.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ok just saw Avengers 3- it was a fine romp. Lots of death & destruction, things blowing up, people disintegrating, and Loki is dead! (really ? I dunno if this time death will "take" with Loki! :P ) It was a nice holiday break from reality-
but yeah it is set up for a reset, reboot,... whatever! I hated Age of Ultron, but enjoyed this camp in this one...will I see the next? depends on my mood at the time!

edit- I am interested in seeing Dr. Strange now...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ok just saw Avengers 3- it was a fine romp. Lots of death & destruction, things blowing up, people disintegrating, and Loki is dead! (really ? I dunno if this time death will "take" with Loki! :P ) It was a nice holiday break from reality-
but yeah it is set up for a reset, reboot,... whatever! I hated Age of Ultron, but enjoyed this camp in this one...will I see the next? depends on my mood at the time!

edit- I am interested in seeing Dr. Strange now...

See Dr. Strange. It's going to be surprisingly good to you. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
going to check it out of the library for this weekend! :)