Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's been a long time since I saw the first Avatar movie. Saw it in the theatre, 3D IMAX. Was blown away by the experience. Later I came to the realization though, that the story sucked balls. But of course, I would still have to see the sequel to it, that's been such a long time in the making. The other day, I did, at home. But not before giving the first movie another go. Have to say, it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Perhaps over time, my sensibilities have been worn down by other crapfests.

The sequel wasn't better than the first movie. I suppose it also wasn't much worse. I would say slightly worse though. The first movie introduced a lot more stuff. This introduced some new things, but not much really. I don't really know what else to say about it really, but I thought there should be a thread, as when I searched the forum for "Avatar", there was only one related thread from 2012, which I didn't want to rack back up.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was also my impression. I hated Avatar and well, this sequel was better in that while it left me unimpressed it didn't actively arouse my ire at least...

Shadow Mann

Staff member
It's been a long time since I saw the first Avatar movie. Saw it in the theatre, 3D IMAX. Was blown away by the experience. Later I came to the realization though, that the story sucked balls. But of course, I would still have to see the sequel to it, that's been such a long time in the making. The other day, I did, at home. But not before giving the first movie another go. Have to say, it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Perhaps over time, my sensibilities have been worn down by other crapfests.

The sequel wasn't better than the first movie. I suppose it also wasn't much worse. I would say slightly worse though. The first movie introduced a lot more stuff. This introduced some new things, but not much really. I don't really know what else to say about it really, but I thought there should be a thread, as when I searched the forum for "Avatar", there was only one related thread from 2012, which I didn't want to rack back up.
That was also my impression. I hated Avatar and well, this sequel was better in that while it left me unimpressed it didn't actively arouse my ire at least...
I just watched this last night! I was going to post a thread on it, but this one was already here. I thought it was amazing to watch visually, but the story (like the first one) sucked. I thought it connected to the first one well, but the insert of retcon canon (Quarich) seemed stupid. Why wouldn't Dr Grace Augustine also have her memories stored on a chip, or even Jake's brother who was killed? It would be standard procedure wouldn't it?

The visuals were fantastic, as was the music. I need more than that though. Now that we see that Spider saved his father's avatar Navi, that means he will be recycled for Avatar 3. I'm not going to be super excited about that.