Ataribox project

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Exactly. If they think people are going to buy this thing just to play old ass games they're mistaken. Sure it's fun to do on occasion but it's 2018 and people primarily want to play modern games when they plunk down the money for a console. I'm not demanding that the Atari match Xbox or PS4 but it does have to offer something more substantial, so what is it?

I did say that you can play these games easily on any Android phone, didn't I? :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.selected.mame4all&hl=en_US

After installing MAME4ALL on Android, all you have to do is upload the game ROMS (found on the internet) into the ROMS folder the app makes on your phone, and then play right on your phone or tablet. On a PC, even one from 1998, it will play just fine as though it were on the console. Those games were rock bottom programming.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Many popular modern titles will be playable on Atari VCS.

A completely modern connected device, the new VCS was designed in California by Atari. The company is partnered with AMD, who provides the VCS custom processor with Radeon Graphics Technology. The Atari VCS platform will offer support for 4K resolution, HDR and 60FPS content, onboard and expandable storage options, dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0, as well as USB 3.0 support. A complete list of Atari VCS product specs will be posted at the time of pre-sale.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yes, but which titles? :daniel_new004:

I dunno. My guess is the same kind of titles that will be released for Xbox and Playstation. Although these days some games are reserved for a specific platform. But based on the tech specs I would expect the same level of "quality" of triple A titles as for the other platforms. It's not like after decades they suddenly turn around and decide to launch a new console for the fun of it. This has obviously been planned for a while. Game developers get specs years in advance in order to make sure that some titles are ready at the time of release. Assuming that there's some competent people working on the project, the Ataribox will claim it's share of the market, although obviously not as much as Sony or Microsoft.

I dunno. My guess is the same kind of titles that will be released for Xbox and Playstation. Although these days some games are reserved for a specific platform. But based on the tech specs I would expect the same level of "quality" of triple A titles as for the other platforms. It's not like after decades they suddenly turn around and decide to launch a new console for the fun of it. This has obviously been planned for a while. Game developers get specs years in advance in order to make sure that some titles are ready at the time of release. Assuming that there's some competent people working on the project, the Ataribox will claim it's share of the market, although obviously not as much as Sony or Microsoft.

Well when is this bitch gonna be available for purchase?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Pre-Orders Open in Less than 1 Week!

2ozur.gif

Click When Timer Hits 00:00:00:00
Once the timer runs out, click on the red bar above to unveil your exclusive discounted Atari VCS Onyx.
Atari VCS Pre-Orders Open Next Wednesday,
May 30 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET

You thought ahead to join this list, so we're making sure you'll be among the first to know as soon as your exclusive discount link goes live.

Plus: Even if the limited-quantity early bird deal runs out for the general public, you can be assured we've reserved these units for a week so you can still pre-order.

Start sharing your excitement today:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Om du inte vill att jag ska börja skicka kommentarer på kinesiska, vänligen byt tillbaka till engelska. Tack!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pre-Orders Open in Less than 1 Week!

2ozur.gif

Once the timer runs out, click on the red bar above to unveil your exclusive discounted Atari VCS Onyx.
Atari VCS Pre-Orders Open Next Wednesday,
May 30 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET

You thought ahead to join this list, so we're making sure you'll be among the first to know as soon as your exclusive discount link goes live.

Plus: Even if the limited-quantity early bird deal runs out for the general public, you can be assured we've reserved these units for a week so you can still pre-order.

Start sharing your excitement today:

Hmmm....I can't see the reason for buying one of these. Is there a "signature" game exclusive to this console? Is there something special about it vs Xbox or PS4? Does it come with virtual sex toy attachments? Why would I want to buy it, let alone pre-order it? Just asking. I have nothing against Atari!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
mail

mail

Hello Backers, Fans, and Followers!

Ready for some exciting new Atari VCS news? After a bit more radio-silence than we’d planned, we’re now ready to talk about something you’ve all been wanting to hear a lot more about: games!

And it’s not just a few games either. We’re talking about thousands of games, ready for you to play, at the launch of the Atari VCS. As you are reading this, we have dropped a press release announcing our exclusive partnership with Antstream Arcade to deliver the entire retro Atari games back catalog to the Atari VCS, along with thousands of other fully-licensed classic games available on the Antstream service. So, along with beloved Atari classics like Asteroids, Centipede, and Missile Command, there are thousands of additional arcade, desktop, and console titles available, such as Bad Dudes vs. DragonNinja, Double Dragon, Jumpman, Metal Slug and many others.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol. Just received an email from Atari VCS. You can pre-order their console now and it will guaranteed arrive before Christmas. Only cost you 390 bucks at the discounted price.

What are they thinking??? The new Playstation and Xbox are on their way.