Arrow

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
It's actually pretty decent. Hopefully he finds his own identity instead of Nolan's Batman-clone. Some of the same things that plague CW is still present though: metrosexual/model casting, relationship triangles, etc. But they're diminished enough to be interesting. Plus the developments are interesting. Especially like his bodyguard and the guy that played Dresden. They need to cut down on the bullet dodging and the guy sounds like he hasnt finished puberty yet. At least it's much better than Smallville.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Yeah I agree with ya. It's an alright show, could be better, could be worse, but it's still a pretty watchable show.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Liking the way they keep moving forward with plot, Deathstroke was pretty great. Like that Diggs has been brought on board. Hopefully the momentum continues.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I don't watch anything on the CW. It all ends up being about teenagers and angst, which isn't my thing.

They should rename the CW "The Teenage Angst Channel".

But maybe that name's too long, eh?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Actually this show has surprisingly few teenagers in it (it's got 20 somethings instead!). However it does have a bit of angsty drama, but far less than the standard CW shows, which I avoid like the plague as well. Buy I find this show pretty entertaining, since it generally focuses on the plot and the action more than the soapy stuff, which is pretty unusual for a CW show.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Actually this show has surprisingly few teenagers in it (it's got 20 somethings instead!). However it does have a bit of angsty drama, but far less than the standard CW shows, which I avoid like the plague as well.

To be fair, 20-something IS the Hollywood teenager. Actors play teens right into their 30s.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Actually this show has surprisingly few teenagers in it (it's got 20 somethings instead!). However it does have a bit of angsty drama, but far less than the standard CW shows, which I avoid like the plague as well. Buy I find this show pretty entertaining, since it generally focuses on the plot and the action more than the soapy stuff, which is pretty unusual for a CW show.
I have never ever liked angst. Makes me want to run in the other direction.

Quickly.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The actor I was talking about plays a teenager, but will be 30 in January. His name is "Robert Ri'chard", and he's been acting since the age of 13.

Is aging always relative in Hollywood or do they age normally then stop for about 15 or so years when they hit 18? Otherwise, he'd be playing a sperm at age 13.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Is aging always relative in Hollywood or do they age normally then stop for about 15 or so years when they hit 18? Otherwise, he'd be playing a sperm at age 13.
ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!

Thank you! I needed this SO much! LOL

He's done a lot of acting over the years, including playing a Navy guy in an episode of NCIS.

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
I might give this show a go, assuming we get it here. Now that one of my favorite actors Ben Browder has signed up...

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I might give this show a go, assuming we get it here. Now that one of my favorite actors Ben Browder has signed up...

Did they land Claudia Black yet? :encouragement:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I really liked the different character that Browder did on that Dr. Who episode this year. I'm so used to seeing Browder as the clean-cut, square-jawed hero type that this was a refreshing change:

0x4jM.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did they land Claudia Black yet? :encouragement:

Funny you should mention that. Just saw her listed in the credits for Haven but when I watched that episode (the first one she was in) I didn't recognize her at first. Her look was sooooo different, much like Browder's was for Dr. Who. Plus she didn't use her British accent so that helped to change her persona too.

ClaudiaBlack_Haven-1024x576.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Funny you should mention that. Just saw her listed in the credits for Haven but when I watched that episode (the first one she was in) I didn't recognize her at first. Her look was sooooo different, much like Browder's was for Dr. Who. Plus she didn't use her British accent so that helped to change her persona too.

View attachment 7863

Funny, she was in two back to back episodes and I didn't recogize her either until some point in the 2nd one. Then I had to look it up at IMDB to be sure. :p

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Funny, she was in two back to back episodes and I didn't recogize her either until some point in the 2nd one. Then I had to look it up at IMDB to be sure. :p

Well, it would have helped if she had been wearing a leather-studded bustier and speaking in that rich accent of hers I'm sure. :icon_e_biggrin:

SciphonicStranger

Well, it would have helped if she had been wearing a leather-studded bustier and speaking in that rich accent of hers I'm sure. :icon_e_biggrin:

I chalked it up to good acting. I have more respect for her now after seeing her sans leather. :wink:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I chalked it up to good acting. I have more respect for her now after seeing her sans leather. :wink:

So you finally noticed she has a face is what you're saying, eh wot? :anim_59:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

This show has actually done a pretty good job with casting its recurring/guest characters so far. John Barrowman has already appeared in two episodes (though we don't even know his character's name yet), while Currie Graham (Merrick, SG-1: Ark of Truth) was in the latest episode, and then there's Tahmoh Penikett (Helo, BSG) and Ben Browder who are both slated to show up somewhere down the line.