Anybody remember these "gems"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
TV sci fi movies and pilots, complete from YT

this first one has a Borg like creature in it (Approx at the 2hr mark), the movie apparently aired several months before the Borg were intro'd on ST;TNG

i am glad we never had to survive a nuclear holocaust with the tech of the seventies!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL! I remember Battle Beyond the Stars and Damnation I don't remember the others. How many of them made it to series? :)

That last one, damn! Had me laughing so hard. :rotflmao:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
LOL! I remember Battle Beyond the Stars and Damnation I don't remember the others. How many of them made it to series? :)

That last one, damn! Had me laughing so hard. :rotflmao:

out of these, damnation alley was probably my fav as a kid-and is the only one I remembered from this list

that first one, though obviously they tried hard, it is just bland and too much teenager angst--hey! is this the TV movie that started SCIFI shipping??!! :icon_lol:

there were a lot of other tv shows and movies listed on the YT sidebar-didn't want to take up too much space though

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
out of these, damnation alley was probably my fav as a kid-and is the only one I remembered from this list

that first one, though obviously they tried hard, it is just bland and too much teenager angst--hey! is this the TV movie that started SCIFI shipping??!! :icon_lol:

there were a lot of other tv shows and movies listed on the YT sidebar-didn't want to take up too much space though

That vehicle from Damnation Alley is still parked in an auto shop lot on Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks. :) I have driven past it occasionally, but I never have to go that way much, so I don't see it often.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is how it looks today...

damnationalleyvehicle.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure I've seen some of those but can't remember exactly everything. Sucks getting old, lol.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure I've seen some of those but can't remember exactly everything. Sucks getting old, lol.

just think if a mash up film of our memories of old movies were made; confusing as hell ,or highly entertaining--not sure which :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
i'm currently watching Farscape (snookie's collection) and in an episode the "locals" had costumes that were what the Visitors wore in the original V miniseries/series. Too freaking funny!

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
i'm currently watching Farscape (snookie's collection) and in an episode the "locals" had costumes that were what the Visitors wore in the original V miniseries/series. Too freaking funny!

The Borg in the Star Trek: TNG series wore repurposed stillsuit costumes from the movie Dune (1984).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Borg in the Star Trek: TNG series wore repurposed stillsuit costumes from the movie Dune (1984).

OMG, I am so surprised you know that! Look who is wearing one in Dune....

stillsuits.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Landmaster from Damnation Alley is a custom build and was actually partly made by cutting in half two commercial trucks and joining the half chassis together.