Ant-Man

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Looks like Marvel is keeping a tight hold of the reigns these days. Nothing worse than being micro managed so I can't say that I blame the guy for splitting.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks like Marvel is keeping a tight hold of the reigns these days. Nothing worse than being micro managed so I can't say that I blame the guy for splitting.

That is Disney who is doing that. They have ALWAYS been that way. Here is what the new Ant-Man looks like:

images.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ant man. Honestly, can't they just leave some stupidities to the ink pages?

I wanna see Fly Man and his dog shit layer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
See. This. Movie. ASAP!

This is a great Marvel movie! PERFECT in almost every way. If any of the Marvel movies felt like a live action comic book without over the top cartoony writing and acting, this one is it. I was completely meh when it came out, and I did not even bother to watch it. I instead watched Captain America: Civil War, and saw Ant Man in that movie and what he could do. I liked his character in Civil War enough to watch Ant Man, and HOT DAMN IT'S GOOD! It's funny, has great action, awesome effects, and a decemt storyline. Michael Douglas is perfect in this as Hank Pym. We get some tie-in with Falcon appearing in the film, and a raid on a Stark facility and an Avengers facility (see the film).

What a great surprise! This is a winner. I am not sure why it did not do that great and basically came and went with little fanfare. IT'S AWESOME!

4-out-of-5-stars.jpeg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched it again, and I could easily watch it a few more times. :) It's humor borders on Deadpool's humor (not in the raunchy way, but in delivery and portrayal. I don't know why, but I think this particular character could go small screen and carry a series easily. So could Deadpool. The actor who plays Ant Man, Paul Rudd is one of those guys you just like right off the bat. Friendly face, expressive acting, he's great in this role and he carried that over to Captain America Civil War. Very likable character with some depth and a wry sense of humor. The villain in this is not bad either (Cross).

ant-man_trailer_screengrab_2_h_2015.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Deadpool sucked.

It was a bit seedy and dark, and the raunch was slightly over the top. But that's Deadpool. Ant Man is a superhero movie like Captain America or Iron Man, but more comic book style. SEE IT!

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
It was a bit seedy and dark, and the raunch was slightly over the top. But that's Deadpool. Ant Man is a superhero movie like Captain America or Iron Man, but more comic book style. SEE IT!

I did see it. I even commented on the subtle humor and shots at High Jackman and studio budgets. It still sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I did see it. I even commented on the subtle humor and shots at High Jackman and studio budgets. It still sucked.

No I mean Ant Man.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, Ant Man was fun. Paul Rudd was a good choice for the role. I liked that it was just a simple comic book story. And unlike the DC offerings of late there wasn't a need to have tampon dispensers in the background of every scene.

ezgif.com-add-text (1).gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, Ant Man was fun. Paul Rudd was a good choice for the role. I liked that it was just a simple comic book story. And unlike the DC offerings of late there wasn't a need to have tampon dispensers in the background of every scene.

View attachment 32969
:shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing021::SmileyLaughingTears: