Andrew Lincoln to leave TWD

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/#images

Somewhat old news in that I heard about this approximately a week ago but I figured it was worth posting here since no one mentioned it yet. Andrew Lincoln a.k.a. "Rick Grimes" a.k.a. "St. Rick, patron saint of bumbling fools" will be leaving TWD after season 9. AMC is considering continuing the show with "Daryl Dixon" as the alpha male character. (Lauren Cohen who plays "Maggie" will also be leaving the show btw.)

I have been predicting all along that "Rick" wouldn't be killed off and would make it all the way to the end of the series. I'm sure the AMC folks want Lincoln to stay but he is the one who wants to leave from what I gather. It doesn't take a genius to see that AMC cynically wants to milk whatever they can from this show as they've been doing that for numerous seasons already so it's not surprising that they want to continue it even without "St. Rick" in the picture.

At any rate, this is a truly horrible show that is so poorly produced that it's insulting. It should have ended ages ago but it's obvious AMC is going to squeeze this pig until it's as dry as a stone. Hoards of long time fans have been leaving because they are now bored with it and find it tedious and unappealing. A few people in the comments section of various articles are lamenting the passing of "Rick" but the overall consensus seems to be that the show needs to end. It's not even a shadow of its former self, it's just crap now.

images

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/#images

Somewhat old news in that I heard about this approximately a week ago but I figured it was worth posting here since no one mentioned it yet. Andrew Lincoln a.k.a. "Rick Grimes" a.k.a. "St. Rick, patron saint of bumbling fools" will be leaving TWD after season 9. AMC is considering continuing the show with "Daryl Dixon" as the alpha male character. (Lauren Cohen who plays "Maggie" will also be leaving the show btw.)

I have been predicting all along that "Rick" wouldn't be killed off and would make it all the way to the end of the series. I'm sure the AMC folks want Lincoln to stay but he is the one who wants to leave from what I gather. It doesn't take a genius to see that AMC cynically wants to milk whatever they can from this show as they've been doing that for numerous seasons already so it's not surprising that they want to continue it even without "St. Rick" in the picture.

At any rate, this is a truly horrible show that is so poorly produced that it's insulting. It should have ended ages ago but it's obvious AMC is going to squeeze this pig until it's as dry as a stone. Hoards of long time fans have been leaving because they are now bored with it and find it tedious and unappealing. A few people in the comments section of various articles are lamenting the passing of "Rick" but the overall consensus seems to be that the show needs to end. It's not even a shadow of its former self, it's just crap now.

images

I think if they had offed him early on like they did awful Lori, I would feel some satisfaction. But I have been away from this show so long, it doesn't really matter. Thing I wanna ask is...IS THERE an end to this series? :confused0006: I mean, these damned zombies are literally years old. There are still hordes of them around, after 5 years plus?

zombie_birthday_display.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I they had any class they would make Season 9 the finale and wrap it up. They have been hemorrhaging viewers for two seasons now and no one like the show anymore. End it with a little dignity.

I they had any class they would make Season 9 the finale and wrap it up. They have been hemorrhaging viewers for two seasons now and no one like the show anymore. End it with a little dignity.

I agree completely but I think we all know AMC doesn't have class in this regard. From the second season, if not earlier, they have been running this show as close to the bone as possible. The bare bones budget takes priority over fidelity to story. I think they will only end this in conjunction with Lincoln leaving if they absolutely have no other choice. But chances are they will try to squeeze more juice from the stone.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
can't stand the guy, but you watch, Lincoln will be one of those actors who quit the best gig they ever had thinking it will lead them to bigger and better only to never be heard of again....

3 yrs from now and I'd bet he'll be reduced to making toilet paper commercials in Japan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
AMC would be crazy to stop this show while it still has some attraction to a few ppl

I wonder if they try to complete the circle and bring FTWD into the main with Morgan coming back with his new peeps from texas? (have not been watching FTWD lately so don't know what is going on there though) Is this why they sent Morgan to FTWD because they knew Lincoln may have been leaving,so Morgan to texas, time jump,etc?

They do have a chance to re vitalize their fanbase by these departures though. Wonder if they just let it milk or will they try and do a "in-flight reboot" ala FTWD?

not really caring, not really like a fan would just a curiosity to watch the whole drama of the shows, ratings, fanbois etc

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
AMC would be crazy to stop this show while it still has some attraction to a few ppl

I wonder if they try to complete the circle and bring FTWD into the main with Morgan coming back with his new peeps from texas? (have not been watching FTWD lately so don't know what is going on there though) Is this why they sent Morgan to FTWD because they knew Lincoln may have been leaving,so Morgan to texas, time jump,etc?

They do have a chance to re vitalize their fanbase by these departures though. Wonder if they just let it milk or will they try and do a "in-flight reboot" ala FTWD?

not really caring, not really like a fan would just a curiosity to watch the whole drama of the shows, ratings, fanbois etc

Perhaps it's time for the talking zombie who somehow manages to think and organize the zombies? Maybe bring in the aliens, or perhaps a miracle zombie/human hybrid baby with telekinetic powers? :cool:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Perhaps it's time for the talking zombie who somehow manages to think and organize the zombies? Maybe bring in the aliens, or perhaps a miracle zombie/human hybrid baby with telekinetic powers? :cool:

Z Nation did all those and did them with class and style.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Remember the reason for the time jump is because the comics did it - they did when even a goof like Kirkman realized he had to shift the show a bit out of the same old cycle of misery and actually show some recovery happening.

The story is essentially over. There's nothing new under the Georgia sun so to speak. Zombies are not and have never been the focus of the story. The story has always been about how people interact in such a world. Well, the zombie threat has been neutralized and the humans have formed structured communities and are working together now. To have yet another Negan pop up would be beyond stupid at this point. So really, what is left for the writers to write about? More internecine wars between our lil' band of intrepid post-apoc girl scouts? More naval gazing and faux moral dilemmas? Puhleeze. :rolleye0014:

The story is done.
The story is done.
The story is done.

The lemon has been squeezed to death. Time to throw it in the garbage.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The story is essentially over. There's nothing new under the Georgia sun so to speak. Zombies are not and have never been the focus of the story. The story has always been about how people interact in such a world. Well, the zombie threat has been neutralized and the humans have formed structured communities and are working together now. To have yet another Negan pop up would be beyond stupid at this point. So really, what is left for the writers to write about? More internecine wars between our lil' band of intrepid post-apoc girl scouts? More naval gazing and faux moral dilemmas? Puhleeze. :rolleye0014:

The story is done.
The story is done.
The story is done.

The lemon has been squeezed to death. Time to throw it in the garbage.

They are still trying to shave zest off the peel. :moody:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Remember the reason for the time jump is because the comics did it - they did when even a goof like Kirkman realized he had to shift the show a bit out of the same old cycle of misery and actually show some recovery happening.

then all the better to help them explain away their personnel changes...

whatever they do, they lost their chance to have a good show when s2 started

now i am just waiting for all of the train cars to stop slamming into each other and pile up..train wreck viewing and all :)