Amy Winehouse is dead

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Tropicana

Council Member
So unexpected! Just caught it on BBC News. If it was suicide, the bad reviews of one her coming-back-concert that resulted in them all being cancelled must have really done it in for her.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
S

Stonelesscutter

I'm not talking about the routine daily check-up the local constabulary makes on you. ;)

I got all kinds of police crawling around here on a regular basis, won't make a difference to me.

Please don't make fun of Amy's death. I think it's very tragic.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I got all kinds of police crawling around here on a regular basis, won't make a difference to me.

Please don't make fun of Amy's death. I think it's very tragic.

Tragic yes, but willfully so. It's kind of hard to feel much sympathy for someone who dies of a drug overdose when their claim to fame is a song about rejecting rehab. The irony there is shocking and it's deserving of what's called "gallows humor". Besides, there are other, more tragic events happening around the world today that deserve our pity.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I think it was sad. too bad she didn't find a good therapist and get real meds for her many mental issues...self-medicating can often lead to tragedy. :( she was younger than my daughter, very sad...but a tragedy at her own hands.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I remember having a discussion with an old SGUS member about this.

I vaguely remember having a discussion with a former SGUS member regarding the type of girls who get tatted down like Amy, and that I associated it with drugs and crime. One look at this picture of Amy Winehouse proves that my view is correct most of the time. I avoid women like that like the plague because tragedies like this seem inevitable with them.

amy-winehouse-tuberculosis.jpg

Such a shame, but to me, not unexpected.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mrs GF has 3 tats dude (small ones granted), they are not always indicative of "bad elements" (then again, she did marry me........ :laughing:)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What's shocking is that Winehouse was only 27 yet looked like she was in her 50's. And she has looked this way for a few years now.

It is sadly ironic that the song that earned her millions of dollars and fueled her addiction was about her refusing to go back to rehab for drug addiction. In the end though she was an adult and made her own choices.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mrs GF has 3 tats dude (small ones granted), they are not always indicative of "bad elements" (then again, she did marry me........ :laughing:)

Visible ones? Any on her neck? :) I dunno, I can even deal with a natural scar better than a tattoo. The scars are usually accidents. Tattoos are scars ON PURPOSE. Women are beautiful without graffitti. But when they marry, they have you to guide them. Has she gotten any since you got married, and if she told you she was getting another one, would you approve?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
27 is kind of eerie. CNN just reported that Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain all died at 27. Not that I would put Winehouse in that mix but I do just find that odd.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What's shocking is that Winehouse was only 27 yet looked like she was in her 50's. And she has looked this way for a few years now.

It is sadly ironic that the song that earned her millions of dollars and fueled her addiction was about her refusing to go back to rehab for drug addiction. In the end though she was an adult and made her own choices.

Yep, and because I have seen it so many times, I can even specify WHICH was her drug of choice: methamphetamine (speed). They ALL get that look, they ALL lose their teeth, and they ALL acquire that "speed freak" look without exception. It changes them permanently.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
27 is kind of eerie. CNN just reported that Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Kurt Cobain all died at 27. Not that I would put Winehouse in that mix but I do just find that odd.

How old is Britney Spears, 27? (Fingers crossed)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yep, and because I have seen it so many times, I can even specify WHICH was her drug of choice: methamphetamine (speed). They ALL get that look, they ALL lose their teeth, and they ALL acquire that "speed freak" look without exception. It changes them permanently.

Yes, changes them permanently is right. Even if an addict kicks the habit they are changed on the inside and out. I have yet to meet someone who was an addict (crack, meth) who, when they got clean, acted the same as they did before they began taking drugs. It's very sad.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Visible ones? Any on her neck? :) I dunno, I can even deal with a natural scar better than a tattoo. The scars are usually accidents. Tattoos are scars ON PURPOSE. Women are beautiful without graffitti. But when they marry, they have you to guide them. Has she gotten any since you got married, and if she told you she was getting another one, would you approve?

She has one on the back of her neck that you can see if see's wearing something cut in the back. She got all of them while we have been togeather, 2 since we were married, and yes, I don't mind, It's her choice what she wants to do. I must say however that each of the three have reasons for existing, She has a small dragon as she was born in the year of the dragon, A gemini symbol for the same reason and a little butterfly that represents my eldest daughter. They are only small (no more than 2" square) however.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
She has one on the back of her neck that you can see if see's wearing something cut in the back. She got all of them while we have been togeather, 2 since we were married, and yes, I don't mind, It's her choice what she wants to do. I must say however that each of the three have reasons for existing, She has a small dragon as she was born in the year of the dragon, A gemini symbol for the same reason and a little butterfly that represents my eldest daughter. They are only small (no more than 2" square) however.

That's how it usually starts and the next thing you know you're cookin' your breakfast up in a teaspoon, running with the "gutter hypes" and ripping copper wiring out of new suburban developments just to get junk money. It's a slippery slope my friend, a slippery slope. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That's how it usually starts and the next thing you know you're cookin' your breakfast up in a teaspoon, running with the "gutter hypes" and ripping copper wiring out of new suburban developments just to get junk money. It's a slippery slope my friend, a slippery slope. ;)

Not Smegging likely Bro :D
Stuff like that I WOULD step in, but Mrs GF does not even drink, so I think I'm safe on that score bro :P