Americans Rank Last in Problem-Solving With Technology

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This just keeps getting better. It's like we're embracing anti-intellectualism.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/americans-rank-last-problem-solving-050100192.html

"A new report finds U.S. workers rank dead last among 18 industrial countries when it comes to “problem solving in technology-rich environments,” or using digital technology to evaluate information and perform practical tasks. The consequences of that emerging competitive disadvantage is energizing the volatile undercurrent of this year’s presidential race, some observers say."

Well, it looks like the war on intellectualism is being won by the majority of the loudmouth idiots of this country. With Trump and the Republicans in general praising the "under-educated", thus empowering the anti-intellectuals, they're propelling this country into a real-life Idiocracy. It would seem that Mike Judge wasn't just writing a comedy, he was giving America a warning.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hi Bluce, long time no see. How are things?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This just keeps getting better. It's like we're embracing anti-intellectualism.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/americans-rank-last-problem-solving-050100192.html

"A new report finds U.S. workers rank dead last among 18 industrial countries when it comes to “problem solving in technology-rich environments,” or using digital technology to evaluate information and perform practical tasks. The consequences of that emerging competitive disadvantage is energizing the volatile undercurrent of this year’s presidential race, some observers say."

Well, it looks like the war on intellectualism is being won by the majority of the loudmouth idiots of this country. With Trump and the Republicans in general praising the "under-educated", thus empowering the anti-intellectuals, they're propelling this country into a real-life Idiocracy. It would seem that Mike Judge wasn't just writing a comedy, he was giving America a warning.

I like that...the War on Intellectualism. That is definitely what it is, and I hate to say it but political correctness is facilitating the war on their side. That, with a gang directive coordinated by the right wing dog whistle. You cannot even call them dumb and uneducated without drawing fire for just that alone. :( We have to coddle them and pretend that it's still okay to be clueless in these days of free internet and smartphones.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not surprising since our higher education system has become a corporate money machine. It's not about educating and teaching our young men and women critical thinking skills but rather, simply generating a revenue stream via the scam that is "financial aid" nowadays. This is what we get for allowing our post-high school education system to become a business.

ETA: It's both funny and sad that the new gimmick for all these for-profit "universities" is that they give students a "free" laptop computer when they enroll. :rolleye0014:

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hi Bluce, long time no see. How are things?

Ah, life is good. I was in Haiti for a bit and got back a few days ago. I got to spend a lot of time with my wife's family and visit more of the country but not enough of it yet. Other than Port Au Prince, the country is really clean and beautiful. It's just tough that so much of the poverty is due to overcrowding the city of PAP and corruption.

I'll post up some pics when I get the chance to show you the contrast and talk a bit about the coexistence of people and cars on the streets. It's almost synergistic. :D