Alita: Battle Angel

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I loved this movie! Lots of great action and CGI, and the story was engaging and entertaining. This is the start of a franchise, I believe. The movie was a rollercoaster from beginning to end, and the ending was open ended intentionally. Definitely worth a theater visit, although I did not see it in the theater.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
idk,looks like a cartoonish martial arts film dressed up as sci-fi

when it pops up on some free streamer i may watch it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I was pleasantly surprised that it was NOT really like that. :) Yes, there are lots of fight scenes, and it is very action-heavy, but it was created to be like that so it feels very organic for this movie. It's worth seeing. I watched it using "alternate" means, but I would see it in a theater.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm looking forward to seeing this one as well. Saw the trailer last time I went to the cinema.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

You are wrong about that. It isn't scifi. It is fantasy/action, and in that genre it is one of the best I have seen in a while. It also is not cartoonish, or silly. You would like this movie. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just watched this. It was pretty good. But I was waiting the whole time for the big finale, and then suddenly the movie was over. This needs a sequel!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just watched this. It was pretty good. But I was waiting the whole time for the big finale, and then suddenly the movie was over. This needs a sequel!

Yeah, it appears to have been intentionally written as part of a trilogy or a series. No ending, and unresolved threads. But what a great movie to watch!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, it appears to have been intentionally written as part of a trilogy or a series. No ending, and unresolved threads. But what a great movie to watch!
Yeah, I googled it after watching. Apparently domestically it didn't perform too great on the box office. Internationally it performed better, especially in China. It's probably right on the border of doing another one or not. I definitely hope they will, but the prospect doesn't look too good.