A new fun one

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
This was recently posted on GW in the SGA folder in the topic asking what SGU would have to do to make SGA fans watch it continuously:

Posted by: "fmbchris"

Reading this thread makes me SAD. If I were a SGA fan( I watched it regularly but I don't consider myself a devout follower) I was much younger of course when the stargate movie came out in the hmmn? late 80s early 90s. So like many I followed the both sg1 and sga on whatever non cable channel carried it.. I think that this stargate SGU was meant for people like myself who are mature and can appreciate the acting and the storyline and have no real need for blood sucking humanoids, or make believe all powerful specters that can kill you and think they are some kind of god. Sga was a good show but it started to seem same ole same ole. I feel a bit sorry for you young fans that don't have a sex life and think that SGU is icky because of the mature content. If they would give it an R rating you would most likely watch it just for that reason. If most of the devout fans of this show would get out and move around a bit lose some weight and get laid then you would understand SGU a bit better. * Remember sex is a natural healthy thing that’s good for the mind and spirit. Don't knock it.

I highlighted some choice phrases for your benefit.
I also reported the post for making broad sweeping attacks on the fans of SGA.

I know what I think of this little gem, what do you guys think??

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
typical squeedrone

This was recently posted on GW in the SGA folder in the topic asking what SGU would have to do to make SGA fans watch it continuously:

Reading this thread makes me SAD. If I were a SGA fan( I watched it regularly but I don't consider myself a devout follower) I was much younger of course when the stargate movie came out in the hmmn? late 80s early 90s. So like many I followed the both sg1 and sga on whatever non cable channel carried it.. I think that this stargate SGU was meant for people like myself who are mature and can appreciate the acting and the storyline and have no real need for blood sucking humanoids, or make believe all powerful specters that can kill you and think they are some kind of god. Sga was a good show but it started to seem same ole same ole. I feel a bit sorry for you young fans that don't have a sex life and think that SGU is icky because of the mature content. If they would give it an R rating you would most likely watch it just for that reason. If most of the devout fans of this show would get out and move around a bit lose some weight and get laid then you would understand SGU a bit better. * Remember sex is a natural healthy thing that’s good for the mind and spirit. Don't knock it.

Typical squeedrone...not a fan of sga, insists those of us who dislike it are immature, whiney virgins who never have had a life. this kid is probably 18 or 19, feels himself to be "so mature" :rolleyes: and looks down on everyone who dares to disagree with them. When the truth is that most kids that age are arrogant and think they are soooo adult but haven't a clue about life outsiide of mom and dad's house! :P as I said typical! it always cracks me up that they seem to think that I (rac80) care about their opinion of me! I have found that people who base their own self-esteem on what others say about them or think about their choices in tv shows, tend to be very insecure individuals! I have a fine self-esteem and know the only person I ahve to please is myself! :D
They always got mad at me because not only am I an adult, but I have a kid older than they are so how can I be a virgin living in mom's basement (ignoring the fact my parents are both dead of course :rolleyes: ) so they scream I am not "sophisticated" enough for sgu. The truth is I am not pretentious enough for that horrid show, thank the monkey gods! ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Now he wants to start a poll in the SGA folder

Don't see this one lasting, thought I better grab it for prosterity

By: fmbchris

After reading many negative comments comparing SGU with SG1 or SGA, the SGA fans sound the most bitter about it. I am wondering about viewer age, and a little background. Can anyone be truthful about themselves and give a honest reply to this thread. Like a support group question.. hi my name is Chris and I am an SGU fan..I am 43 years old and I work as an elevator mechanic for ThyssenKrupp. I like camping, the beach and am an avid roller skater. I have 1 girlfriend, 1 dog, 1 cat, and 2 turtles. I consider myself an average person who enjoys the occasional escape of a little sci-fi... Gee....sounds like a dating profile

Edit: the poll is actually in the SGU folder, my bad

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Bullshit

After reading many negative comments comparing SGU with SG1 or SGA, the SGA fans sound the most bitter about it. I am wondering about viewer age, and a little background. Can anyone be truthful about themselves and give a honest reply to this thread. Like a support group question.. hi my name is Chris and I am an SGU fan..I am 43 years old and I work as an elevator mechanic for ThyssenKrupp. I like camping, the beach and am an avid roller skater. I have 1 girlfriend, 1 dog, 1 cat, and 2 turtles. I consider myself an average person who enjoys the occasional escape of a little sci-fi... Gee....sounds like a dating profile

i call bullshit on his age claim...no self-respecting 40 something would write a paragraph like that! :laughing:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Truthful? Honest reply? At GayteWorld of all places??? :laughing:

My 'honest reply' to him would be immediately erased and get me banned from GW ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As expected, the original post is gone already, what a shock:icon_e_surprised:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
He would run a mile if a real woman approached him.:laughing:
cameron_dropsjaw.gif
sure would!
cameron_champcheers.gif

edit- gatefan-- you need to screenshot them babe...so we have actual proof of gw deleting stuff! :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
cameron_dropsjaw.gif
sure would!
cameron_champcheers.gif

edit- gatefan-- you need to screenshot them babe...so we have actual proof of gw deleting stuff! :D

Tell me how and I will :D

Also, just as an update, the tool has lost his "poll" thread as well. I'm shocked :icon_e_surprised:

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
This shit again...

Because anyone who dislikes SGU is a fat basement-dwelling virgin who wants to turn SGU into a Duke Nukem-style explosion fest. :roll: *Yawn*

Get some new material, Bucky.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
TURTLES!

Edit: the poll is actually in the SGU folder, my bad

Okay, the gig is up! :icon_lol:. This guy is no older than about 16 or so I figure. Im saying that because one thing I have noticed about geeks is that if they were nerds or geeks at a young age, they have kept or still keep turtles. But only until about age 16-18. Then, tastes usually move to fish or small mammals (dogs included). I kept turtles too! Its why I always jab at the turtles in some of my photo parodies. This thread over there seems suspicious. Could it be that the lurkers here have read out Education and Professions thread, and they want to validate themselves? LMAO!

I can just see it now:

squee_drone.jpg

1. Hiya! My name is Squee Drone.
  2. I am 17 years old
  3. I keep two turtles named Scott and Chloe in my basement bedroom at Mom's house.
  4. I have a Level 20 Mage in World of Warcraft
  5. I love Stargate Universe with all my heart and I sometimes put on a pink top just like Chloe's because I identify with her sooo much, even though Im a guy.
  6. I record Stargate Universe and watch it live and sometimes I dress like Chloe and mimic the scenes. I know all her lines and outfits.
  7. I am currently an unemployed burger flipper with advanced french fry skills.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
:facepalm:

Late 80s....sure
People more mature like him? Why can't I feel his maturity at all?
What the hell...that's so wrong, even if all the sgu non likers were virgins (I am a virgin actually btw and in my 20s, if anyone has problems with that but I am not fat and stuck in mother's "basement" and whatever), he has no right making such remarks and it is completely unrelated to me and others liking it or not..

Anyway keeping turtles doesn't tell anything about his age anyway. I knew old people who kept turtles and stuff.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Okay, the gig is up! :icon_lol:. This guy is no older than about 16 or so I figure. Im saying that because one thing I have noticed about geeks is that if they were nerds or geeks at a young age, they have kept or still keep turtles. But only until about age 16-18. Then, tastes usually move to fish or small mammals (dogs included). I kept turtles too! Its why I always jab at the turtles in some of my photo parodies. This thread over there seems suspicious. Could it be that the lurkers here have read out Education and Professions thread, and they want to validate themselves? LMAO!

I can just see it now:

View attachment 1097

2. I am 17 years old
  3. I keep two turtles named Scott and Chloe in my basement bedroom at Mom's house.
  5. I love Stargate Universe with all my heart and I sometimes put on a pink top just like Chloe's because I identify with her sooo much, even though Im a guy.
  6. I record Stargate Universe and watch it live and sometimes I dress like Chloe and mimic the scenes. I know all her lines and outfits.

You are being too kind to him!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Did the post get deleted? i can't find it. If someone finds it i'll tear him a new one on GW.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Everything this guy says is just echoes Joe Mallozzi verbatim. Either he is a JM fan, a JM shill or JM himself.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I can just see it now:

View attachment 1097

2. I am 17 years old

8. I love to watch SGU scenes between Scott & Chloe giving each other long, knowing looks whilst I masterbate. When I cum, I cry.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan

I wonder how many posts this "person" had made before writing this drivel? dont think ive even seen the sgu lovers like KEK etc make such idiotic comments in the sga folder? or so ham fisted. I may disagree with most sgu fans but this feels more like a shill comment rather than what i consider to be a proper sgu fan like Kek amd evil...whatever the rest of the name is!

Perhaps this shill will pop up here, ive been expecting more trolls like the last one as its only a few days till "p" day (:puke:puke day)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I wonder how many posts this "person" had made before writing this drivel? dont think ive even seen the sgu lovers like KEK etc make such idiotic comments in the sga folder? or so ham fisted. I may disagree with most sgu fans but this feels more like a shill comment rather than what i consider to be a proper sgu fan like Kek amd evil...whatever the rest of the name is!

Perhaps this shill will pop up here, ive been expecting more trolls like the last one as its only a few days till "p" day (:puke:puke day)
He's written about 160 posts, so I'm not sure it's a shill, but it could be. As to the "drones", umm, yeah they do make some seriously "out there" comments on pretty much any folder they want, after all SGU "drones" get as much "intelligence immunity" as leading castmembers get "plotline immunity" Can't rock the boat of the only show still in production when your bread and butter is the franchise, no matter even if no Mod actually watches the shit and the site owners themselves rate the show poorly.