A little "mood music"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As some of you are aware GreyBrew and myself will soon begin a Supernatural rewatch and I'd like to invite all members to join in on watching along with us. I'm looking to start in 2 weeks time so as not to interfere with the last ep of SGU.

In the meantime however, I thought I might post a little "mood music" with fan music vids of the show. Yes they contain spoilers so if you have never seen it before, be warned. For those who have seen the show before, it might just help get you back to the fun and adventure of Supernatural

Enjoy, I know I do :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJpy4cWEOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOoiFP69_s&feature=related

[video=youtube;xuHOj8-EZqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHOj8-EZqc

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
As some of you are aware GreyBrew and myself will soon begin a Supernatural rewatch and I'd like to invite all members to join in on watching along with us. I'm looking to start in 2 weeks time so as not to interfere with the last ep of SGU.

In the meantime however, I thought I might post a little "mood music" with fan music vids of the show. Yes they contain spoilers so if you have never seen it before, be warned. For those who have seen the show before, it might just help get you back to the fun and adventure of Supernatural

Enjoy, I know I do :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJpy4cWEOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOoiFP69_s&feature=related

[video=youtube;xuHOj8-EZqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHOj8-EZqc
When i heard "Thunderstruck" for Season 5 premiere i was pumping my fist in the air going "YEAH!"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have plenty more where they came from :)

Hey Aragon, will you join up for a rewatch?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That was a great ep, with lots of good lines.

Ahh, S6 is yet to be released on DVD out here and it's only in S5 I think on TV. S'ok, by the time we get up to the end of S5, S6 should be out on DVD.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have to add three more in here, simply because I'm such a Iron Maiden Squee, so same warning, don't want to know too much, don't watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVtH0CjdA8&feature=grec_index

[video=youtube;0BrCD-czsQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BrCD-czsQE&feature=related

And one last one, because although my sig comes from the book of revalations, this is where it comes from for me:

[video=youtube;-2UFP0M6w2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2UFP0M6w2Q

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What is the premise of this show?

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
It starts with the simple premise of "All Monsters are Real", with the Winchester family becoming a warrior family to both avenge their slain matriarch (killed by a demon) and prevent exactly that sort of thing from happening to others.

The first episode introduces us to Sam and Dean Winchester, brothers and sons of John Winchester. We find out that Sam is the 'black sheep' of this non-nuclear family as he decided to abandon the monster hunting lifestyle and go to College as he's actually a very intelligent young lad.

Dean shows up out of the blue after not talking for 2 years, with news that John is missing and they need to go find him. Sam reluctantly agrees, but on the condition that he be left alone after to pursue his life.

The boys are not your average college aged kids despite appearances. They're very intelligent and utterly vicious in combat. They use the skills handed down to them by their father (an ex-marine) to hunt supernatural creatures.

THe underlying plot which is expertly driven forward throughout the season is John Winchester's hunt for the demon that killed his wife. What begins as a simple quest for vengeance thickens into a complicated and intertwined story that sees the pair of brothers through thick and thin on many occasions.

In many ways, it's quite similar to Stargate. Dean's humor is very much like Jack's (albeit quite a bit darker) though he is much more 'liberal' when it comes to his personality. Sam on teh other hand is more like a mix of Carter and Daniel from SG1 in that he's both an intellectual and warrior at the same time.

I highly recommend it OM1, it's got the humor, the drama, the well timed and executed plot (though Season 2 was a bit of a letdown as far as the underlying plot) the series as a whole is a home run with its well written and creative stories.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It starts with the simple premise of "All Monsters are Real", with the Winchester family becoming a warrior family to both avenge their slain matriarch (killed by a demon) and prevent exactly that sort of thing from happening to others.

The first episode introduces us to Sam and Dean Winchester, brothers and sons of John Winchester. We find out that Sam is the 'black sheep' of this non-nuclear family as he decided to abandon the monster hunting lifestyle and go to College as he's actually a very intelligent young lad.

Dean shows up out of the blue after not talking for 2 years, with news that John is missing and they need to go find him. Sam reluctantly agrees, but on the condition that he be left alone after to pursue his life.

The boys are not your average college aged kids despite appearances. They're very intelligent and utterly vicious in combat. They use the skills handed down to them by their father (an ex-marine) to hunt supernatural creatures.

THe underlying plot which is expertly driven forward throughout the season is John Winchester's hunt for the demon that killed his wife. What begins as a simple quest for vengeance thickens into a complicated and intertwined story that sees the pair of brothers through thick and thin on many occasions.

In many ways, it's quite similar to Stargate. Dean's humor is very much like Jack's (albeit quite a bit darker) though he is much more 'liberal' when it comes to his personality. Sam on teh other hand is more like a mix of Carter and Daniel from SG1 in that he's both an intellectual and warrior at the same time.

I highly recommend it OM1, it's got the humor, the drama, the well timed and executed plot (though Season 2 was a bit of a letdown as far as the underlying plot) the series as a whole is a home run with its well written and creative stories.

I bow to the writer, nice summation Aragon, all you missed out on was the "rock and roll" soundtrack to thier lives (hence all the rock/metal clips) As far as TV goes, this is the one series I would "pimp" to a mate to watch as something really, really good (yeah, love eureka, but SPN is sooooo much better conceptually to me)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I bow to the writer, nice summation Aragon, all you missed out on was the "rock and roll" soundtrack to thier lives (hence all the rock/metal clips) As far as TV goes, this is the one series I would "pimp" to a mate to watch as something really, really good (yeah, love eureka, but SPN is sooooo much better conceptually to me)
Well i tried to keep it as non-spoilerific as possible :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sounds like a plan then!

That is like gospel to me coming from you. :) Thank you for encapsulating the premise for me like that. Im willing to give this a shot.

So, how are you guys gonna do this? Is this show off the air and you are rewatching the episodes? Or, is it still in production? For me it wont be a RE-watch, it will be the first time. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
That is like gospel to me coming from you. :) Thank you for encapsulating the premise for me like that. Im willing to give this a shot.

So, how are you guys gonna do this? Is this show off the air and you are rewatching the episodes? Or, is it still in production? For me it wont be a RE-watch, it will be the first time. :)

At the moment, my idea is to do an ep per week, same as SGU and do reviews and ep discussions as well. I'm happy to leave the reviews (to start with) to the vets of the series and then if people get drawn in to have them do reviews as well (simply for the sake of more viewpoints adding to the whole) IIRC, Spn is about to, or already has hit it's season finale (so peeps like GB have actually seen more than me) For the US folks, I was thinking either a "watch along" on Hulu/Netflix at a set time, thereby avoinding any major upfront costs (until you are hooked :D ) and take it from there. As we are starting at least 5 seasons behind however, multiple eps per week are possible as long as we have multiple reviewers willing to do the work. The other option is to have one person do thier "personal journey" (in which case you need a new person) and build from there. Both systems work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At the moment, my idea is to do an ep per week, same as SGU and do reviews and ep discussions as well. I'm happy to leave the reviews (to start with) to the vets of the series and then if people get drawn in to have them do reviews as well (simply for the sake of more viewpoints adding to the whole) IIRC, Spn is about to, or already has hit it's season finale (so peeps like GB have actually seen more than me) For the US folks, I was thinking either a "watch along" on Hulu/Netflix at a set time, thereby avoinding any major upfront costs (until you are hooked :D ) and take it from there. As we are starting at least 5 seasons behind however, multiple eps per week are possible as long as we have multiple reviewers willing to do the work. The other option is to have one person do thier "personal journey" (in which case you need a new person) and build from there. Both systems work.

This idea is the start of something BIG here I think. :) If we can watch all of the great science fiction and other shows that we like, then talk at length about what we like and didnt like about them, we could really become a resource for TPTB who write this stuff. (are any of you lurking out there?) They wont get that from sites with ties to special interests or connections to studios or advertisers, will they? NOPE! Its the reason many went to SGUS for the true skinny on SGU rather than the site that claimed to be "all things Stargate" because GW was heavily biased, and censored. Supernatural sounds like a good start for this. Only thing is that we cant make ratings predictions :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
This idea is the start of something BIG here I think. :) If we can watch all of the great science fiction and other shows that we like, then talk at length about what we like and didnt like about them, we could really become a resource for TPTB who write this stuff. (are any of you lurking out there?) They wont get that from sites with ties to special interests or connections to studios or advertisers, will they? NOPE! Its the reason many went to SGUS for the true skinny on SGU rather than the site that claimed to be "all things Stargate" because GW was heavily biased, and censored. Supernatural sounds like a good start for this. Only thing is that we cant make ratings predictions :(

So, I gotta ask Brother OM1

Are you coming on the Highway to hell with us? :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, I gotta ask Brother OM1

Are you coming on the Highway to hell with us? :D

Maybe...I need to sample the show first. I wish you guys had done this with Primeval!